The exclusive summer program of ISSOS, offers high school students (aged 13-18) the unique opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in the world renowned and stunning university towns of St Andrews or Cambridge in the UK or New Haven, Connecticut in the United States.
Professional coaching, interactive workshops and a variety of debating opportunities create a stimulating environment where our summer students can immerse themselves in the exciting academic world of debate. Guaranteed to give participants the edge by developing the skills and confidence to express themselves effectively.
Whether beginners or seasoned veterans, our summer students will benefit from expert tuition in the art of public speaking, covering all aspects of debate including delivery, organisation, evidence analysis, argument invention and debating theory.
- Acquire the ability and confidence to communicate effectively
- Learn techniques from leading debate coaches
- Take part in energetic debates on exciting contemporary issues
- Learn valuable skills including critical thinking and persuasive reasoning
- Debate at the historic University of St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale campuses
As entry into the world’s leading universities becomes increasingly competitive, many top institutions now demand that applicants have the ability to think critically and articulate their views. Debating encourages students to express themselves with confidence and flair, both academically and in all aspects of their lives.
Guaranteed to inspire students to discover their voice and develop their skills as well as the confidence to use it!
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High-quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 80 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values-Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2020:
St Andrews & Cambridge: £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £4400 Tuition
Yale: $500 Enrolment Fee, plus $6400 Tuition.
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS 2020 experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between the selected airport and ISSOS campus
About the School
ISSOS offers 13 to 18 year olds a balanced summer experience of academia, fun and culture, where students can learn within an encouraging and supportive environment while having fun and making new fri ... Read More