This training course has been designed to assist central banks in taking a strategic approach to their currency management. This requires, first of all, an understanding of the currency life-cycle and subsequently a hard-headed analysis of the extent to which other stakeholders can take on more functions.
Who Should Attend?
This training is for professionals that work in the financial sector and want to know more about currency markets, such as: Cash Managers, Treasurers, Bank Relationship Managers, IT professionals, Consultants, Controllers, (Internal) Auditors, Back- en Mid Officers, Accountants, Legal experts, Journalists, Human Resource recruiters and Corporate Communication officers.
Also, people active in imports and exports, such as purchase and sales managers will learn what impact exchange rates can have on their decisions and how they can manage the risks.
1) A Strategic View of Currency Management
2) The Banknote Life-Cycle, Risk Management & Public Engagement
- Introduction: the currency life-cycle
- New challenges in currency management
- Contingency and interruption planning
- Talking money: the public and banknotes
3) Demand Forecasting, Fitness Standards (soiled notes), Sorting and Distribution
- Forecasting the demand for banknotes
- Fitness standards and key aspects of note sorting and processing
- Distributing cash from multiple vaults and locations, security checklist for cash remittance, currency chests
- Value for money: working with external suppliers
4) New Directions in Banknote Design
- Banknote designs: comparison and appraisal
- Case study
5) Foreign Exchange Management
- Best practices across the Central Banks of various emerging and developed economies
- Benefits of the global foreign exchange markets
- Foreign Currency Exchange and its Management
6) Some local aspects / latest features introduced by various central Banks.
- Designing Aspects
- Security features against counterfeiting
7) Distribution, Processing, Destruction and ATM
8) Treasury management
- Treasury vs cash management
- Currency hedging
- Current and capital account management
- Regulation of money
- Emerging challenges in the currency life-cycle
- Distribute adequate notes and coins
- Maintain quality of notes in circulation
- Withdraw unfit notes from circulation & destroy them
- Keep up well-secured processes
- How to Implement a Risk-Based Framework
- All our courses can be facilitated as Customized In-House Training course.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- As for Open Enrolment Courses, we offer our clients the flexibility to chose the location, date, and time and our team of experts who are spread around the globe will assist in facilitating the course.
- The course fee includes facilitation, training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training.
- FREE Consultation and Coaching provided during and after the course.