The objective of the Culinary Arts Diploma program is to educate students to a level of all-round culinary competency and to prepare students to enter the culinary industry with confidence. The program educates students in craft-based learning environments, helping them to acquire the appropriate operational and supervisory skills, knowledge and attitudes for their personal and professional goals. Alternatively, students can continue their studies at les Roches, Switzerland; les Roches, Marbella, Spain, Blue Mountains; Sydney, Australia or Kendall College in the United States of America.
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
• perform effectively in a variety of culinary operational settings.
• demonstrate an understanding of best practices with regards to kitchen organization, quality, hygiene and teamwork.
• use the knowledge they have gained to develop culinary managerial competencies in a junior management setting.
• employ common skills that enhance their effectiveness in a personal and professional context.
• demonstrate understanding and awareness of moral and ethical issues in culinary industry organizations.
Career Options with a Diploma in Culinary Arts
- Executive Chef at a multi-star restaurant.
- Food and Beverage Manager.
- Corporate Executive Chef.
- Concept Development Chef.
- Personal Chef.
- Culinary Instructor.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 10, 2017