Refine and become more efficient in the kitchen as you use your new skills and techniques to create famous recipes.
Study French regional cuisines, ingredients and origins and study the most famous recipes from France. Through practice and repetition, you will begin to perform tasks with more ease while the chef instructors highlight presentations from platter to plate.
The Intermediate Module:
- Product origins and influences on regional cuisine
Be introduced to the twelve regions of France and the unique cooking styles of the different regions
- More advanced technical cuts (butchery) and presentation
Learn how to cut a wide array of various meats and how to recognize and use these cuts
- Introduction to charcuterie
Use your new found skills to prepare and present different pâtés, terrines and foie gras
- Seasonings and flavour appreciation in classic cuisine
Learn the uses of various spices across a wide array of recipes.
- Food presentation techniques
Learn the art of presentation for platter & plates
- Introduction to colour, taste and texture combinations
Learn how garnishes, sauces and colour can enhance any plate
- Learn to work as part of brigade
Take on the role of various positions in the kitchen during workshops
Learn how to calculate the basic costs of various dishes