The ISSOS creative writing summer school course is designed for students of all levels and interests who have a desire to explore their own potential and challenge themselves creatively, learning to write in the most inspirational environments. Understand and harness the forces of creative language to produce original poems, scenes from a play or movie and short stories.
What will it cover?
Introductory and advanced workshops will cover all phases of the writing process, including idea generation, writing and revising drafts and editing.
- Learn to love writing through a range of creative projects including essays, short stories and poetry
- Study the work of renowned writers and discover your own voice
- Find out how to use the world around you as a source of ideas and inspiration
- Benefit from regular and extensive writing practice and balanced critical evaluation
- Produce the summer school magazine and see your work in print.
During the creative writing course, all summer students will work together to produce the ISSOS magazine, which will include a selection of their creative writing.
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High-quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 80 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values-Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2020:
St Andrews: £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £4400 Tuition
Yale: $500 Enrolment Fee, plus $6400 Tuition.
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS 2020 experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between the selected airport and ISSOS campus