Grow your business more quickly and with lower cost and risk through the use of strategic alliances. In a world of resource constraints and intense battles for customers, firms are increasingly employing a variety of cooperative relationships to achieve their strategic objectives domestically and internationally. However, designing and maneuvering through alliances are very challenging activities.
In this program, taught by senior members of the Kellogg School of Management’s world-renowned faculty along with other leading experts, you are provided with state-of-the-art knowledge on creating and managing different forms of strategic alliances, such as joint ventures, licensing agreements, buyer-supplier partnerships, and consortia.
You will also develop a better sense of the costs and benefits of strategic alliances and learn the specific conditions under which alliances are preferred to internal development, mergers and acquisitions, or outsourcing.
- The promises and pitfalls of alliances: evaluating risks and returns
- Avoiding alliance failure factors: the keys to increasing the probability of successful alliances
- The challenge of cooperation when coordinating large numbers of partners
- Make, buy, or ally: when to use alliances as a business development vehicle
- How to protect your company’s interests in alliances strategically and contractually
Senior members of the Kellogg School of Management's world-renowned faculty teach this program along with other leading experts. Interactive learning is emphasized in class discussions as well as in evening small-group activities that employ simulation exercises and real-world case studies of strategic alliances.
During this course, you will:
- Analyze when to make, buy, or ally
- Create and manage value-adding alliances
- Avoid common pitfalls in alliance failures
- Negotiate before, during, and after alliance agreements have been signed
- Anticipate critical legal, financial, and operational issues in alliances
- Manage complex, multiple alliance situations within organizations
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 26, 2018