Gain the skills to take a strategic approach to resourcing and talent management in order to build and maintain sustainable organisations. With a style that challenges the experienced practitioner, this postgraduate qualification programme reviews, questions and considers alternative solutions to complex and specialist resourcing and talent management topics.
An intensive, fast-track qualification programme
Gain the skills to take a strategic approach to resourcing and talent management in order to build and maintain sustainable organisations.
With a style that challenges the experienced practitioner, this postgraduate qualification programme reviews, questions and considers alternative solutions to complex and specialist resourcing and talent management topics.
Who is it for
- Senior resourcing practitioners who understand the strategic direction of the organisation and are looking to develop specific knowledge and skills through an intensive programme of face-to-face workshops, assessment and self-study.
- Generalists and specialists who have a remit to initiate change in the resourcing and talent management arena
- As the face-to-face workshops are completed in a one week block, this programme is particularly suited to practitioners working outside the UK.
On completion of the programme, you will be able to:
- critically analyse the internal and external factors impacting on resourcing and talent management
- demonstrate a commitment to diversity in resourcing and talent management practices
- evaluate resourcing and talent management strategies for long term planning
- undertake long and short term session planning
- utilise workforce planning to identify gaps for talent planning
- critically analyse recruitment and selection methods for predictability, reliability and validity
- utilise talent management tools and techniques
- analyse turnover, stability and retention strategies
- review retirement, redundancy and dismissal practices against law, ethical and professional practice.
PRE-WORK - you will be require to complete around 10 hours of pre-reading or pre-work before attending this programme. Please ensure you factor this into your time. Pre-work will be available on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). VLE access details will be sent to you 2-3 weeks from the start date. Please note if you are a late booker, access may be delayed slightly, however pre-work will be sent to you via e-mail.
- Analysis of the organisational context impacting on resourcing and talent management strategies
- Legislation, diversity, equality and ethical practice in resourcing and talent management
- Continuing professional development
- Strategic workforce planning and an evaluation of resourcing and talent management strategies
- Tools and techniques for succession planning
- Approaches to internal and external talent acquisition
- Managing exits and restructures
- Employer Branding and its contribution to resourcing and talent management
What are the assessment activities?
- exercises and activities held throughout workshops
- a presentation on resourcing, talent management and exits in your organisation for which you will be expected to prepare for throughout the week.
- a 3,000 – 3,500 word written assignment which must be completed four weeks after the face-to-face element of the programme.
On successful completion of the programme, you’ll be awarded the CIPD Level 7 Advanced Award in Human Resources. The qualification is accredited by the CIPD and is equivalent to QCF level 7.
About the CIPD
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years. Through our expertise and research we provide a valuable point of view on the rapidly changing world of work. And for our members we’re the career partner of choice, setting professional standards and providing the know-how to drive the HR and L&D professions forward. We’re independent and not-for-profit and hold a highly respected Royal Charter. We exist to make work and working lives better. And at a time of unprecedented change we have the vision, agility and strength to make a real difference to our members, to businesses, to the economy and to all working people.
Why study with CIPD Training?
CIPD Training is one of the UK's largest providers of HR and L&D training for businesses and professionals, and our programmes are developed and run by some of the UK’s leading experts.
We offer learning solutions that enable HR and L&D practitioners, HR and L&D departments, and line managers across the organisation, to build their capability, and thus drive the performance of their organisation through great people management and development practices.
Duration and price
Upcoming start dates:
- First module start date: 20 February 2017 (Location: London)
- First module start date: 12 June 2017 (Location: London)
- Full up-front qualification fee: £3,495 + VAT
Fees include all tuition, personal tutor support and telephone coaching, assessment, course materials and access to the dedicated Virtual Learning Environment. They do not include travel, accommodation or Award Registration Fee, mandatory for all candidates who are not already CIPD members.
Membership is not mandatory to complete this programme; however we strongly recommend coming into Affiliate Membership in order to benefit from the full range of CIPD resources available to members.
Length of programme
You have five weeks to complete the requirements of the programme, including the written assignment.