Course objective is to encourage critical thinking and creative and architectural design capabilities, using the Strategic Design as a tool.
Best Course Studies in Interaction Design in Brazil 2017. THIS PROGRAM IS IN PORTUGUESE Taught
Encourage critical thinking and creative and architectural design capability using Strategic Design as a business tool.
4th Panel of Strategic Design
Start Date: March
Lessons: Monday and Wednesday - 19h30 to 22h30
Hours: 60 hours
Description and objectives:
Course objective is to encourage critical thinking and creative and architectural design capabilities, using the Strategic Design as a tool. The methodology is interactive and collaborative, giving priority to focus on research, reflection of new opportunities and concepts. Classes will be taught by professionals with expertise recognized in the market, which will bring data from the reality of agencies, clients and large cases. The idea is to give students the challenges, experiences and opportunities related to Design, Innovation and Strategic Design.
Professional design, architecture, advertising and related fields.
Knowledge of design and higher education.
The Strategic Design Course follows the methodology of the innovation process through Design Thinking.
Module 1: Understanding
- Case Design Strategy. - Innovation. - Design, Design Thinking and Strategic Design.
Module 2: Plan
- Technical Research and Research.
- Methodologies and Processes of Strategic Design.
- Knowing a Strategic Design agency.
- Sustainability in the development and practice in projects.
- Branding and Strategic Design.
- "Windows Strategic Design": Encounters with invited professionals working in different areas such as: Creative Economy, Policies to Encourage Design, Crowndfunding, Mobility, Education and Service Design.
Module 3: Acting
Guided by a multidisciplinary team, students will be encouraged to undertake a project by the Design Thinking methodology. The workshops will be theoretical and practical, using the principle of learning by doing.
What the student will learn?
- New ways of looking and thinking, using the Strategic Design as a design tool.
- Conceptualize, develop, design and communicate innovative ideas.
- Look closely at its features and capabilities, developing skills and attitudes to professional autonomy.
- A new network of people open to talks and debates on design, strategy and innovation.
- Knowledge and practice of Design Thinking methodology.
Daniel Pan holds a degree in Industrial Design and Product Design from UFRJ and with great professional experience in factories and major design agencies. Today is a partner and Design Manager at Crama Strategic Design. Manages multidisciplinary teams in strategic design projects focused on innovation: environments, exhibitions, shops, franchise models, furniture and packaging for clients such as Hi, Metro Rio, O Globo, Diageo, Valley, Ipiranga, Rio2016, Sonangol and Technos.
* The IED Rio reserves the right to postpone the course if you do not get a quorum.