To optimally manage sports infrastructures, whether they’re sports complexes, public and private sports clubs, fitness centers and stadiums that require both a strategic and operational vision of the sports organization. This specialized course offers an introduction to the field of sport facility management, and you’ll learn how to apply your management skills.
The main objective of the Course in Sport Facility Management is to educate you in the implementation of operational management tools you will use in your responsibility as a manager of a sport facility.
- To understand and apply the principles of a tender process
- To understand and implement aspects of financial management to a sport facility
- To know how to optimize the internal processes of a sport facility
- To align resources, capabilities and skills of people who collaborate with the facility
- To apply quality control methods to the sport facility’s service
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses, earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing and Sponsorhip (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport facility management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport facility management.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport facility management.
To do this course it is recommended that you have professional experience in a sports organization or in any field of business management, or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
The program has 7 credits (ECTS), distributed over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.
Program taught in: