Around 150,000 sporting events are celebrated annually around the world. In each country, city or municipality other sporting events, professional or semi professional, can be added. The organization of these events lies in the hands of professionals whose challenge is to optimize the management of resources through rigorous planning, and have the necessary time and flexibility to respond to unforeseen circumstances.
This specialized 9-week course will introduce you to the field of sport event management as a future organizer / professional.
The main objective of the Course in Sports Event Management is to educate you in the application of operational management tools you will need in your responsibility as a sport event manager.
- To know and apply the organizational principles of a sport event.
- To understand and put aspects of the financial management of a sport event into practice.
- To know how to select and manage professional collaborators and/or volunteers.
- To obtain and align available resources for a sport event.
- To apply methods of assessing a sport event and identify aspects that can be further improved.
You have the option of studying this course and other specialized courses, earning credits until obtaining the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing (27 ECTS), or even until obtaining the Master in Sport Management (60 ECTS) or the Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship (60 ECTS).
The program is aimed at those who wish to complete their education with a specialized course in sport event management.
It is especially suitable for you, if:
- You’re an (ex-) athlete who wants specialized education in sport event management.
- You’re working in a business and/or sports environment, and want to acquire a better understanding of sport event management.
To do this course, it is recommended that you have professional experience in a sports organization or in any business management environment and/or have developed a career as a professional athlete.
The course has 8 credits, distributed over 10 weeks. The course is composed of various teaching units (UD) and each one consists of a continuous assessment test, in which you interactively apply theory, complemented with solving exercises and practical cases.