(Offered at the Hialeah, Miami, Homestead & South Beach campuses)
To prepare students for the Florida Board of Massage Therapy Examination to become a licensed Massage Therapist and for the Florida State Board of Cosmetology mandated requirements to become a licensed Facial Specialist. To help students build their confidence and prepare them for the real world.
CLOCK HOURS: 1,054
The Spa Therapy program prepares students for employment as licensed professionals in the growing and competitive luxury spa industry. Students gain proficiency in all aspects of massage, including anatomy and physiology, therapeutic applications, diagnosis, and modalities. A focus on skin care ensures students are able to diagnosis and treat skin conditions and rejuvenate according to client expectations. Students continue training in makeup technique, client counseling, and spa business management.
- HIV103 HIV/AIDS (3 Hours)
- HIV104 HIV/AIDS (4 Hours)
- BMU101 MAKEUP (36 Hours)
- MA101 BASIC MASSAGE THEORY & HISTORY (100 Hours)
- MA102 CLINICAL PRACTICUM (125 Hours)
- MA103 ALLIED MODALITIES (100 HOURS)
- MA104 PROFESSIONAL ETHICS FOR MASSAGE PRACTITIONERS (21 Hours)
- MA105 MEDICAL ERRORS (5 Hours)
- MA106 FLORIDA LAWS & RULES (25 Hours)
- MA107 BUSINESS (25 Hours)
- MA108 MASSAGE IN THE SPA SETTING (25 Hours)
- MA109 THOERY & PRACTICE OF HYDROTHERAPY (25 Hours)
- MA110 ANATOMY/PHYSIOLOGY/KINESIOLOGY (260 Hours)
- MA111 PATHOLOGY (40 Hours)
- SKI101 ETHICS (2 Hours)
- SKI102 PRODUCT CHEMISTRY (10 Hours)
- SKI103 HAIR REMOVAL (8 Hours)
- SKI104 BASICS OF ELECTRICITY (10 Hours)
- SKI105 SANITATION (10 Hours)
- SKI106 FLORIDA LAWS FOR SKIN (5 Hours)
- SKI107 SKIN THEORY, DISEASES & DISORDERS OF THE SKIN (85 Hours)
- SKI108 FACIAL TECHNIQUES & CONTRAINDICATIONS (130 Hours)
- ALLIED MODALITIES – BREATHING EXERCISES (5 Services)
- ALLIED MODALITIES – NECK/BACK/SHOULDER (5 Services)
- ALLIED MODALITIES – RANGE OF MOTION (5 Services)
- ALLIED MODALITIES – STRETCHING (5 Services)
- CHAIR MASSAGE (50 Services)
- EYELASH APPLICATION (10 Services)
- FACIALS (40 Services)
- FULL BODY MASSAGE (50 Services)
- HAIR REMOVAL (20 Services)
- HYDROTHERAPY – HOT TOWEL TREATMENT (5 Services)
- HYDROPTHERAPY – HYDROCOLLATOR (5 Services)
- HYDROTHERAPY – WARM STONE MASSAGE (5 Services)
- LASH AND BROW TINTING (10 Services)
- MAKEUP APPLICATION (10 Services)
- MANUAL EXTRACTIONS (5 Services)
- SANITATION (250 Services)
- SCALP/FACE/FEET MASSAGE (5 Services)
- SET/USE/MAINTAIN ELECTRICAL DEVICES (5 Services)
- TREATMENT PLAN (10 Services)
All hours and services are those required by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) and the Florida Department of Health (DOH).
Note: All programs are taught in a cycle. Students are able to start at any point of the cycle and still fulfill all program requirements.
Milady’s Theory & Practice of Therapeutic Massage Textbook, Milady’s Theory & Practice of Therapeutic Massage Workbook, Illustrated Essentials of Musculoskeletal Anatomy Book and Milady’s Standard Esthetics Fundamentals Textbook.
Equipment / Materials
Students will receive a uniform, an equipment bag and a makeup, skincare and massage kit with all the necessary instruments and materials to perform the required services.
After a student completes 1,050 hours, services, exams and fulfills all financial obligations to the school, a certificate will be awarded.
Completion time depends on the number of hours the student attends weekly. Based on a 25 hour per week schedule, the normal time frame of completion would be 10 months.
Method of Payment
Tuition and fee payments may be arranged on a weekly or monthly basis. The first payment is due on the first day of class, and on the same day of every week or month thereafter. Federal Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
The Higher Education Act of 1965 requires proprietary and vocational colleges to provide an eligible program of training to prepare students for Gainful Employment. Below you will find information for related occupations listed for Spa Therapy. The web link will provide information for tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, work activities, work context, job zone, education, interests, work styles, work values, related occupations, wages and employment trends, other sources and additional information. Also included is the on-time graduation rate, tuition, fees, room and board, books and supplies, job placement rate, and median loan debt incurred.
CIP Code: 51.3501
CIP Description: Massage Therapy/Therapeutic Massage
Spa Therapy includes occupations such as Massage Therapists, Skin Care Specialists, First-Line Supervisor/Managers of Personal Service Workers, Spa Managers, Physical Therapist Aides, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapist Aides, and Vocational Educational Teachers/Postsecondary.
SOC Code: 31-9011
SOC Description: Massage Therapist
SOC Code: 39-5094
SOC Description: Skin Care Specialist
SOC Code: 39-1021
SOC Description: First-Line Supervisor/Managers of Personal Service Workers
SOC Code: 39-1021
SOC Description: Spa Managers
SOC Code: 31-2021
SOC Description: Physical Therapist Assistants
SOC Code: 31-2022
SOC Description: Physical Therapist Aides
SOC Code: 31-2011
SOC Description: Occupational Therapist Assistants
SOC Code: 31-2012
SOC Description: Occupational Therapist Aides
SOC Code: 25-1194
SOC Description: Vocational Educational Teachers/Postsecondary
Cost of Attendance for the entire program:
|Tuition||Fees||Books & Supplies||Total|
|Room & Board||Total with Room & Board|
Overall Placement Rate: 89.25%
On-time Graduation Rate: 48%
Note: The placement rate was calculated using the accrediting agency formula.
Students borrowing for the Spa Therapy program have a median loan total indebtedness of $8,263.00 after graduation. Monthly payments for the Direct Loan program must start at $50.00. To calculate your monthly repayment amount for your total student loan borrowed you can access www.finaid.org/calculators.
Median Loan Debt for Private Educational Loans after graduation: N/A
Median Loan Debt for Institutional Loan debt after graduation: N/A
About the School
Beauty Schools of America® provide students with high quality beauty industry training programs covering the limitless areas of the beauty and spa industry.