Course in Singapore - International Study Tour
Every society has a unique infrastructure comprising buildings, roads and power supplies etc. which facilitates the day to day operations of work and play. Singapore is often defined as the ‘little red dot’, with a total land spanning just 712.4 sq km. For the world’s third most densely populated country, infrastructure planning is all the more essential in supporting economic growth and encouraging new investments.
Singapore’s remarkable transformation from a fishing village to an international fiscal center and business hub in 4 decades was brought about by the government’s proactive efforts in developing modern infrastructure and a rapid adoption of technology.
The IST to Singapore is designed for inquisitive executives and to be leaders who wish to gain valuable insights into what makes Singapore’s infrastructure work and why is it emulated around the world. Students will be exposed to infrastructure marvels relating to amenities, housing, transport and utilities and understand their progress from Singapore’s early beginnings and how they have contributed to their economic success.
The Tour Structure
The 1 week programme is a collage of learning and socio-economic experiences, and comprises of visits to Singapore’s signature landmarks and infrastructural projects, academic discourses, and opportunities to network with global executives living and working in Singapore.
From the people they meet, to the fascinating new places they visit, to knowledge gained; students get to document these valuable experiences in a reflective and integrative online journal (blog) throughout the study tour which is shared with the course facilitator and fellow students.
This programme details covers the following areas:
- Cultural Exposure: See and experience the vibrant city, Singapore through cultural and historical trips.
- Technology: Learn about the latest and the best in technologies being used by the users themselves.
- Network: with members from the Singapore Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry.
- Meet: representatives from companies or go on guided tours to learn how businesses thrive in Singapore and make it to work elsewhere.
The IST also includes a series of Guest Lectures in AIC and Industry Visits to five companies / educational institutes.
(Subject to the availability)
- National University of Singapore
- Workforce Development Agency (Singapore)
- Promethean World
- An Educational Institute to view ICT
- Learning Science Lab
- National Computer System (NCS)
- Infocomm Experience Exhibition
For a 5 day IST, the fees will be USD 1500 per person (Including Stay, Programme Fees)
Last updated December 5, 2017