ASTD HPI Certificate Program-Selecting and Managing Interventions
New Dates to be Announced
Research tells us that more than 80% of the time employee performance problems aren't caused by lack of skills or knowledge. So what else is there? How do you choose the right training and/or intervention solution? This skill-building class leaves you with the practical tools and experiences to build a seamless delivery system for your interventions.
In Selecting the Managing Interventions, you'll learn to link root causes to interventions that fall in one of six categories -- knowledge, information, physical resources, structure/process, motives, or wellness. You'll then learn how to locate and contract with talented people who specialize in those specific areas. And you'll be able to monitor and manage the implementation process from start to finish, as well as ensure that the interventions are following the prescription.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recommend the right interventions to close the identified performance gaps
- Communicate the costs, benefits, and potential value of the interventions
- Manage implementation of the intervention so that client needs are met (e.g. cost-effectiveness, efficiency)
- Troubleshoot the implementation process and make adjustments when necessary.
* Prerequisite: Completion of courses one, Human Performance Improvement in the Workplace.
Last updated January 26, 2018