Understanding the private equity financing process
The Private Equity Programme at London Business School aims to provide a primer on the structure and practice of institutional private equity investment.
The objective is to provide an understanding of the private equity financing process, building familiarity with the structure and key institutional features of the global private equity industry.
Private Equity Institute, London Business School – the first of its kind in Europe
The Institute's vision is to advance the understanding of private equity and venture capital by conducting objective, reliable research and providing a forum for exchanging accurate, meaningful information on current trends and challenges. The advantage of being within a cab's ride of the headquarters of some of the world's leading private equity practitioners has enabled it to engage and foster relationships with key stakeholders on all levels.
Private Equity is structured along several main themes:
- private equity as an asset class
- understanding the structure of a private equity fund, the way it operates and governs its portfolio companies
- deal selection, screening, and valuation
- transaction and harvesting.
These themes cover the different stages of private equity investment: from the time at which an investment is considered to the exit stage where the value of the investment is realised. We will be inviting multiple industry leaders who have shaped this industry as guest speakers so the participants can truly capture the industry process.
Interactive cases, lectures and industry speakers
The programme uses a combination of interactive case-based teaching, formal lectures and top level industry speakers. During case analyses, the participants review and debate real decisions faced by the protagonists in real private equity transactions.
At the end of Private Equity, you will be familiar with:
- concepts, techniques and instruments used in private equity investment
- structure and institutional features of the global private equity industry
- private equity fund and fee structure
- mechanics of deal selection, valuation and structuring
- value creation and harvesting
- legal and financial aspects of buyout transactions.
Private Equity is designed for professionals with a financial or operational background who wish to deepen their understanding of private equity. The programme will be of particular interest to:
- fund managers considering investing or wishing to further understand this asset class
- individuals wishing to set up their own private equity fund
- financial professionals and general managers wishing to pursue a career in the private equity sector
- Private equity professionals wanting further exposure to best practice
- investment / private bankers, investment consultants, accountants and pension fund / endowment trustees