The present course of 25 hours offers the possibility of remembering and knowing different levels of musical language as an international and universal language, from rhythmic, melodic and harmonic aspects in areas from the music - vocal interpretation (the song), instrumental, hearing, expression body, movement and dances of the world, guaranteeing the exchange, the international intercommunication of the enrolled students through the musical culture and popular song of the country of origin, from the Universidad de Almería as backbone and ideal institution to guarantee the exchange, practice and scientific, popular and musical knowledge between said countries of origin of the participating students and the province of Almeria, Andalusia and Spain. It will also deal with the importance of music in companies and fundamentals of Economics applied in various aspects of music as "Business". In addition, specific topics on music, vocal and instrumental and body, movement, physical exercise and expressive activities in the beginning of flamenco and popular Andalusian music are addressed. Other topics of transversal content interest in consequence to the musical practice, will be equality and coexistence, education (respect for others), psychology (cognitive aspects, concentration, memory), emotions, in short, health (physical and mental exercises), happiness and improvement in the quality of life of the person as an individual and social being.
- Encourage the knowledge and practice of musical reading of a score.
- Exchange songs and scores of the enrolled students to work them as a group.
- Practice songs and music scores from Almeria, Andalusia and Spain.
- Sing and interpret selected songs with instruments.
- Practice dances and dances selected from the countries of origin of the participating students.
- Practice body percussion, popular dances from Almeria and Andalusia. Start the basic rhythm practice in flamenco.
- Analyze a musical work through hearing before its vocal, instrumental or corporal interpretation.
- Learn to listen to our body and our mind.
- Learn to manifest our emotions, on and off the stage.
- Prepare physically and mentally in the moments before the performance before the public.
- Practice the correct pronunciation of the lyrics of the different songs in the different selected languages.
- Work understanding and emotions through the overall meaning of each song.
- Work the correct postural education.
- Rehearsing and acting before the public with songs, instrumental works and dances worked during the week of work of the course.
- Visit a musical institution and some scenic space of Almeria and its province.
- Know some typical foods of Almeria cuisine at the end of the course.
- The business world and music. Scientific knowledge of music and its applications in the world of Economics.
- Fundamentals of Economics in music as "Business".
Module 1: Musical language
- Sheet Music Selection
- Analysis of the lyrics and the musical work
- Rhythm and basic flamenco elements
Module 2: Instruments and groupings
- Reading of the scores
- Work by sections and families of instruments
- Pre-audition and analysis of the works to be interpreted
- Individual practice and in musical groups, choral and instrumental
Module 3: Dances of the world
- Breathing and relaxation exercises
- Preheating, motivation and return to calm
- Voice and postural education
- Dances and dances selected
Module 4: Music and companies
- Music and the company
- Music source of motivation in workers.
- Increase in economic performance.
- Music and "business".
It is an active and participatory methodology, based on an inductive and positive method. Based on positive emotions, a participatory methodology aimed at a constructivist conception of learning will be carried out, in which the students will remember and learn about the different contents related to music education, popular, vocal and instrumental music, dances, and the importance of music in the business economy. The songs of the different countries of the students enrolled in this course will provide a source of motivating and useful wealth to optimize results in the interpretation, rehearsals and concerts at the end of each module. In addition, personal and group satisfaction in general, will allow to consolidate interpersonal relationships that reaffirm that through music, the exchange of different languages, the interculturality of different countries in short, increase and reinforce knowledge of the musical elements themselves, as it is a universal and international language between different cultures. In addition, basic aspects of flamenco will be discussed in Almeria, in Andalusia and the Spanish song.
Very relevant aspects when dealing with music in the Economy and in the business world will be of interest to the students enrolled in this course when contemplating music as "Business" in the current global world. (Circular Economy).
Each session will start from the level of prior knowledge of the class group to improve the assimilation and interpretation of new works chosen for work, analysis of scores, songs, lyrics and prosody, instrumental analysis and interpretation, sectional trials, body language, dances and in this way, ensure the construction of meaningful learning and the correct musical and corporal interpretation.
All classes will be divided into 2 hours and 20 minutes of exposure to treat theoretical-practical aspects (20 minutes of rest and relaxation) and 2 hours and 20 minutes of choral, instrumental and movement practice, related to the content taught. The importance of this course is based on the application and implementation through musical, vocal, instrumental and movement interpretation of the topics studied.
This course may be taught in both Spanish and English. The teaching staff participating in the different presentations is bilingual, but we have the collaboration of personal translator and sign language specialist, if necessary. The issue of functional diversity for people with special needs will also be discussed, if required. The last day of the course will be a concert and performance with the works worked and chosen by the class group.
Professional Visits and Complementary Academic Activities
- Visit and practical workshop on the flamenco of some flamenco peña, at the end of Module 1. Visit to a flamenco tablao.
- Theoretical and practical visit of the pianist Guillermo González, Professor of Piano at the Conservatory of Music of Madrid, during the realization of Module 2. Visit to the OCAL rehearsal room to meet his board of directors and the facilities.
- Visit to share their experience and knowledge of the Music teacher of the Faculty of Education of the University of Granada in Melilla Maria Teresa Segura Lopez, Professor of Music at the University of Granda in Melilla, during the completion of Module 3. Visit of the Maestro Padilla Auditorium.
- Talk by Almeriense Entrepreneur Mr. Pedro Caparrós, "ALMOST" at the end of Module 4. Visit to the facilities of the Almeria company "CASI"
The evaluation will be formative, continuous and global. Each participant will make a daily diary of each day, specifying a summary of the activities carried out and a personal assessment. At the end of each practical session, during the last 15 minutes we will hold an assembly to present a summary of the work done each day. In this exhibition, we will evaluate each session highlighting what has been learned and the possible improvements. At the end of each Module, the students must carry out, individually or in a group (maximum of four participants), a report of everything they have done and practiced in class, including the visits of the invited speakers or activities parallel to the course. It will be obligatory to participate in the programmed trials and performances.
The percentages applied will be:
- 30% reports at the end of each module
- 50% the activities carried out in class, rehearsals and concerts
- 10% self-assessment of the student
- 10% participation in the visits made
Program taught in: