Course in Marketing - Skills Programme in Market Research & Computer Skills
Upon successful completion of the programme and if the learner is found to be “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Services SETA Statement of Results outlining the unit standard covered in the Skills Programme in Market Research & Computer Skills: SAQA ID 67464 and the 20 credits achieved.
- If done on a full-time basis:
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematical Literacy at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of a South African 2nd language at NQF Level 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member
- If done on a part-time basis:
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Numeracy and Literacy (1st and 2nd language) at Grade 12 or equivalent
- CAT has been approved, thus exempting the learner from doing the fundamentals
The programme duration is 76 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, research and self-study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
The marketing function is a key business function which affects the success of any organisation, both strategically and operationally. This Qualification is aimed at people who wish to develop an understanding of the marketing principles and practices and gain a broad knowledge, skills and techniques needed as well as an understanding of how to become an effective manager/leader in marketing and its sub-fields. This Skills Programme is part of a Services SETA accredited full qualification: FET Certificate in Marketing, SAQA ID 67464, Level 4, 139 credits.