International Secondary School Bridging Programme
This course aims to prepare students for Secondary School study in South Australia, Adelaide. The minimum English proficiency level for entry into this programme is intermediate.
The students’ English language skills are systematically developed in the macro skill areas of reading, writing, speaking and listening. The development of these skills are linked with and based on the language tasks required of them in their high school programme.
On arrival at the South Australian College of English, the Whitsundays College of English and the Tasmanian College of English students are tested and placed in a General English language class of an appropriate level.
General English Language Course
The General English Language Programme focuses on developing the students’ English skills in the four macro skill areas of: speaking, listening, reading, writing. These classes are highly interactive, encouraging students to communicate in real‐life situations. Students will continue their studies in our general English language class until their English has reached a sufficient level to allow them to progress to the High School Bridging Programme.
English for Academic Purposes
Independent learning habits and good study skills are essential skills for Secondary School students in Australia. Skills covered in this component include:
- Cultural / academic orientation
- Research skills
- Skimming and scanning techniques
- Essay writing
- Oral presentation skills
Secondary School Orientation
Secondary School orientation and organised school visits are arranged to familiarise students with South Australian Secondary Schools.
High School Partners
- Scotch College
SACE also provides guardianship and special homestay placement for all high school students without adult family supervision in the city of their choice.
How To Enrol At SACE
- Complete the Enrolment Form and send it to your local SACE representative or directly to the SACE College of your choice.
- When we receive your Enrolment Form SACE will send you a letter of acceptance or letter of offer and an invoice for payment of fees.
- When SACE receives your fees we will send you a receipt and letter of acceptance or Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
- The Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) is needed if you intend to apply for a Student Visa. Submit it to the Australian Embassy/Consulate with your visa application.
- If you have booked accommodation and airport transfer, advise SACE of your flight arrival details at least 4 weeks before your arrival. Your accommodation details will be forwarded to you on receipt of: a) Your flight details, b) full payment of fees.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017