Course in HR - Skills Programme in Industrial Psychology
Upon successful completion of the programme, and if the learner is declared “Competent” in the PoE, the learner will receive a Damelin results letter outlining the unit standards covered and Damelin will apply to SABPP on the learner’s behalf for the Skills Programme in Industrial Psychology: SAQA ID 67511 (Credits 40) to be awarded.
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Computer Literacy at NQF 3/Grade 11
- CAT exemption is required for exemption from doing the fundamentals, thus:
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of English and Mathematics at NQF 4/Grade 12
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of a South African 2nd language at NQF 3/Grade 11
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member
The programme duration is 80 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assignments, research and self study. Each Damelin campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
This Skills Programme is part of a SABPP accredited full qualification, FET Certificate: Human Resources Management SAQA ID 67511 NQF Level 4, and has been designed to provide learners an understanding of industrial relations and to equip them with the necessary knowledge on relationships in a typical South African business environment including some of the legislation that govern among other things the health and safety issues, employee wellbeing policies, etc. The programme gives accessibility and flexibility to employed, self-employed and unemployed learners. It is a basic programme in Industrial Relations and will be of value to learners who would like to pursue a career in this field or business owners who require these skills to effectively run their businesses.