Fashion Trend & Cool hunting
Classes will be taught both Italian and English
Discovering the appeal of fashion trends, investigating the styles and looks that are going to influence the catwalks in the coming seasons are the core skills and competencies of the cool hunter.
The analysis and study of fashion trends involve a deep knowledge of the sector and very strong powers of observation. The cool hunter observes, examines shop windows, attends exhibitions, new clubs and bars. The work of the cool hunter involves understanding and perceiving the system of aesthetic values in all consumer categories and profiles, providing fashion companies with information and indications on what consumers would like.
For this reason, ‘cool hunters’ decide today what consumers will buy tomorrow.
Multinational communication and design companies consult these professionals in order to understand people’s tastes and move in the right direction.
- The trends: analysis and rationality
- Analysis of the difference between “cool hunting” and “trend research”
- Analysis of 20th-century icons
- Communication through clothes
- The style office
- The showroom
- The concept store and visual merchandising
- Forecasts for the immediate future, techniques and intuitions
- How it is possible to translate social trends and movements into a fashion product
- The social and personal body
- Analysis of technical books showing different types of fabric in the context of different environments and movements
- The fashion accessory as the protagonist of communication
Fashion Trend& Cool Hunting is a one month course
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
09:30 - 12:30
Tuesday and Thursday
09:30 - 12:30 and 14:00 - 17:00
(75 h. classroom and project work)
We can provide you all the necessary documents to get student visa.
We can offer our help to find accommodation
Fundamental prerequisite to attend the course is to have already turned 18 years old