Course in Academic year of Development studies
Study location: Vietnam and Ghana (Combinations) Study Development Studies an entire academic year combining Vietnam and Ghana! First you study development studies 1 in Vietnam. Then you backpack your way through Asia and Africa to Ghana where you are studying Development Studies 2. After completing the academic year you have the opportunity to continue on the second year of the bachelor’s degree program in Development Studies at the University of Oslo and Akershus.
Vietnam and Ghana
Combine these two programmes:
- Development Studies 1 in Vietnam
- What is poverty?
- What is development?
- Development i Vietnam and Southeast Asia
- Globalisation: history and economy
- Politics, Governance and human rights
- Cultural-, gender- and religious issues
- Demograhy and migration
- Local and international initiatives for poverty reduction
The program offers an interdisciplinary introduction and provides a comprehensive basis for casual, critical analysis and thoughtful evaluations. Following Development studies 1 you will have the opportunity to carry out minor fieldwork and gain valuable experience should you wish to focus on international relations.
- Development Studies 2 in Ghana
- Ghana and Afrika
- Politics, governance and social movements
- Environment and social development
- Development studies and fieldwork (method)
The period between the semesters you can backpack through Asia and Africa to Ghana, before continuing your studies there.
The two semester studies equal a one-year program in Development Studies and give admission to the second year of the Bachelor's program in Development Studies at Oslo and Akershus University College.
Location: Vietnam and Nicaragua
Duration: Two semesters
Credits: 60 (European Credit Transfer System)
State loans: Yes, in most European countries
Includes: Accommodation, breakfast, lunch
Language of instruction: English
Academic prerequisitions: University eligibility
Program taught in: