Natural disasters are a major impediment to development in many countries, undermining sustainable development and leading to loss of lives and livelihoods. The course will help to understand the spectrum of solutions offered by innovative climate and disaster risk insurance products as an essential element of a comprehensive risk management strategy. Participants will be introduced to the process of product development as well as tools and models relevant for climate and disaster risk analysis, insurance product design and pricing.
- Understanding and pricing climate and disaster risks.
- The relevance of climate risk insurance for risk mitigation and climate adaptation.
- Impact of climate change on climate risk assessment and risk transfer.
Participants will learn about
- The relevance of climate and disaster risks in developing and emerging economies and their negative impact on sustainable development.
- International initiatives and support programs to increase access to climate risk insurance and overcome existing barriers of market development.
- The spectrum of existing climate and disaster risk insurance approaches.
- Existing risk analysis tools and models to assess climate and disaster risks and implement them to define comprehensive climate adaptation policies.
- The different elements of the product development process for climate risk insurance products.
- The elements of the pricing process and premium components.
and apply the presented tools and models in case studies.
Snapwire / Pexels
Participants from the public and private sector responsible for climate and disaster risk management, including representatives (managers at mid-level and above) from public administration offices at national and sub-sovereign levels, regional and national development agencies/banks, financial intermediaries and insurance companies, cooperatives & agriculture entrepreneurs, scientists. Significant insurance expertise not required.
- Understanding the relevance of climate and disaster (C&D) risk insurance
- Understanding C&D risk insurance products
- Introduction to risk pricing and placement processes for C&D risk transfer products
- Understanding the impact of climate change on risk assessment and risk pricing
Tuition: €2580 (without accommodation)
Please click here to register.
Please note that we can offer the following discount:
- 15% Early Bird discount till 15th February 2021
- 10% for each institution sending more than one participant*
- Alumni Discount 10%
About the School
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is an AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited, research-led business school, covering every aspect of a business, management, banking, and finance.