ACADEMIC ENGLISH – UNIVERSITY PREPARATION (EAP)
The Phoenix Academy Academic English - University Preparation
course is approved as meeting the English language requirements
for direct entry (no IELTS necessary), to Western Australia’s Curtin,
Murdoch and Edith Cowan Universities at both an undergraduate
and postgraduate level.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is designed for students who do not meet the English
entry requirements for university at either undergraduate or
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
This course develops the Academic English and Study Skills
necessary to succeed in study at a Tertiary level in Australia.
Course components include:
- Academic reading and writing skills classes.
- Using technology to communicate in an academic
- Participation in tutorial discussions to develop
- collaborative learning skills.
- Conducting research for academic purposes.
- Oral presentations skills in an academic context
- Commencement dates Students may commence any Monday
- Hours per week 23 hrs/wk
- Course length 6 week modules/6 to 36 weeks
- Class size Average 14
- Requirements CEFR B1+ ; IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
- Fees (2015) A$380 - A$395/wk
- Enrolment fee: A$225
- Academic Service Fee A$425
Program taught in: