Who would benefit most from this course?
This course provides overseas teachers with an excellent opportunity to refresh their teaching knowledge and develop their English language skills. Our highly experienced and professional tutors will create a tailor-made course according to the specific needs of each group, be it teaching methodology, classroom management or any other aspect of teaching a foreign language.
EU students may be eligible to receive funding for this course under the Grundtvig and Comenius schemes.
The Teacher Refresher Course focuses mainly on:
- different methodologies for teaching
- the ‘language of teaching’
- the different ways of using resources
- the key aspects of lesson planning
- classroom management methods for different needs
The course content is designed to:
- increase teachers’ confidence in the classroom
- enhance their professional knowledge needed for teaching primary, secondary or adult learners
- enhance their professional knowledge needed for teaching different types of English language lessons (e.g. English for Specific Purposes, Academic English, Financial English and many more)
- refresh their teaching knowledge and skills in an English language environment
- enhance their abilities to use new methodologies to create interesting, learner-centred lessons with materials that make English lessons ‘come alive’
- improve their English language skills (where applicable) in terms of not only all four English language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening), but also, importantly, in terms of fluency, accuracy and pronunciation
Candidates can combine this programme with English language lessons and will have the opportunity to observe our teachers in the classrooms.
‘‘I’m really glad that I visited your school. It was really encouraging! I’m really enthusiastic about my next year’s classes. Thank you for your help’’. Tatiana – Teacher from Russia, December 2013.
- 18th April 2014
- 16th June 2014
- 27th June 2014
- 14th July 2014
- 25th July 2014
About the School
Crest Schools of English is a UK Border Agency (UKBA) Highly Trusted Sponsor and has been teaching English since 1983. Our friendly and experienced teachers and administrative staff ensure that each a ... Read More