The R820 “Strategy” course discusses the main stages of the strategic process: strategic analysis, strategic choice and implementation of the strategy, as well as the most important aspects of the strategies of modern organizations that allow them to achieve competitive advantages.
- MBA Strategy Course (AMBA Accreditation)
- Duration of study - 6 months.
- Field School 3 days
The purpose of the course is not limited to presenting the basics for strategic analysis and planning. Strategic analysis methods have long been available in the open market. Theories and models are tested in practice: new ideas are put forward and developed, and those that lose their value are discarded. But knowledge of these models, concepts and methods, even extensive and modern, is not enough to gain advantages over managers of other organizations, who also strive to be well informed. Of greater importance is your ability to apply theoretical knowledge in practice, showing realism and rigor of thinking, a flexible approach to information processing, a critical approach to ideas and data, and, finally, intuition and innovative thinking. In a word, showing truly strategic thinking. Therefore, the main goal of this course is to improve the quality of your strategic thinking through the acquisition of the necessary knowledge and the development of relevant skills.
The integrated training package for the course includes eight books, an anthology, study situations, full-time classes, written assignments, and an on-site school. In addition to the variety of modern tools for strategic analysis and strategy formation, a number of mini-scenarios are presented in the course books, which analyze the success and failure of leading world companies.
Training on the course provides numerous opportunities for applying the knowledge acquired from books to analyze the practice of real organizations: both on the basis of interesting and informative training situations, and on the example of the organization in which you work.
- What is a strategy: the value of strategy; distinctive features of strategic management; levels of strategy in the organization; strategic process; strategic success; strategic alignment and stress; spontaneous and planned strategies; strategic paradoxes and dynamics of strategy ;; features of strategic thinking.
- Analysis of the external environment: the far and near surroundings of the organization; analysis of the structure of the industry; the impact of industry structure on profitability and competition; industry development dynamics; strategic groups and strategic space; key success factors; basic strategies that provide a competitive advantage; competition and cooperation in the industry; scenario planning.
- Internal analysis: resources and abilities: resource approach to strategy; customer value chain analysis; organization resources and abilities as a source of competitive advantage; the role of know-how, hidden knowledge, organizational customs and training in the creation and transfer of abilities; sustainability of competitive advantage.
- Organization: stakeholder and responsibility role of the organization's mission; compliance with purpose, strategy, values and organizational standards; the main components of the mission statement; stakeholder analysis; corporate and social responsibility.
- Corporate and competitive strategy: strategic choice; corporate strategy; commodity market growth strategies; diversification; vertical and horizontal integration; mergers and acquisitions; international strategy; evaluation of strategic options; common strategies for creating and using a competitive advantage; radical turnaround strategy; ways to assess strategic opportunities.
- Implementation of the strategy: the reasons for success and failure in the implementation of the strategy; main types of structures and their corresponding organizational mechanisms; compliance with organizational structure and strategy; new organizational forms; key levers and strategic control systems; culture and strategy ;; corporate and organizational culture; taking into account the characteristics of national cultures; cultural network and organizational paradigm; strategic role and interaction of managers and external consultants; strategic change management; resistance to change and strategic drift.
Think and act strategically: prospects for the further development of your strategic thinking and increase your contribution to the strategic activities of your organization.
The course is taught using the blended-learning technology (blended learning) of the Open University. For six months you study the course materials, which are set out in books and other teaching materials. In each book you will find an interactive learning style that includes questions and assignments that help to relate learned ideas and concepts with your own managerial practice.
During the training process, several group meetings will be organized to assist you in learning. These meetings (tutorials), conducted under the guidance of a tutor, can take various forms, such as discussion, business game, seminar, collective analysis of the educational situation. Tutorials are designed to help you clarify and expand your knowledge on the issues covered in the books of the course, teach you how to use the learned concepts in your work and give you the opportunity to practice using the acquired skills.
Part of the course is training at one three-day Visiting (Sunday) school, which will be held on weekends from Friday lunch to Sunday lunch. This is an active period of study. Participation in an intensive discussion of educational and working situations during practical classes is provided.
At the end of the course, the student receives the offset of the relevant disciplines in the MBA "Strategy" program or MIM LINC Certificate.
- Entry requirements: The course is studied separately and as part of the MBA program "Strategy"
- Registration conditions: Registration forms in Russian; signed training agreement; copies of payment documents.
- Tuition: 135,800 rubles.
- End of recruitment: Start of training on the 1st day of each month. The deadline for accepting documents 2 weeks before the start of training.
About the School
Международный институт менеджмента ЛИНК — крупнейшая школа бизнеса России, предоставляющая бизнес образование международного уровня. МИМ ЛИНК является эксклюзивным партнером Открытого университета Вел ... Read More