Welcome to the Adventurous Bifröst University in Iceland
Get surrounded by glaciers, volcanoes, midnight sun, lakes, waterfalls and a nature that is irresistible for hiking. A Semester in Iceland is an option for free mover students who are not from one of the partner universities of Bifröst University and would like to stay in Iceland for study and adventure. The program offers an opportunity to study at an ambitious and dynamic university, located in a truly unique environment. Bifröst University is located in the valley ´Norðurárdalur´ in Borgarfjörður, approx. 100 Km from Reykjavik. It nests in the magnificent and strikingly beautiful lava, offering endless opportunities to experience unspoiled nature at its best. On campus, students will find a minimarket, cafe/bar, gym, soccer field, basketball hoops, laundrette, ATM and a kindergarten.
Next intake: January 2019
Application deadline: 15 October 2018
Students can choose to participate in 1-5 courses. The tuition fee is as follows:
- 1 course 95.000 ISK (700 €)
- 2 courses 190.000 ISK (1.400 €)
- 3 courses 236.000 ISK (1.750 €)
- 4 courses or more 315.000 ISK (2.300 €)
Examples of Courses in English
- Intercultural Communication
- Negotiation and Sales Management
- European Company Law
- Conflict and Peace Studies
- Classical Political Thought
- Economic Growth and Development
- Icelandic Language and Culture
- Institutional Economics
- Environmental and Resource Economics
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Business
- Business Ethics
- Philosophy of Science
- Arctic Politics
- International Politics
On-campus housing will be arranged for all international students. A single room in student apartments is allotted to students (with private bath and shared kitchen). The monthly accommodation is 49.017 ISK (approx. 400 €).
At Bifröst, international students will receive:
- Free bus trips to nearest town once a week.
- Free wireless internet access on campus.
- Natural wonders such as waterfalls, volcano, lakes and mountains are within walking distance.
- Strong student union and an active social atmosphere.
- Access to gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna.
- Access to the library.
- Access to the laundry room.
- Football and basketball fields - Golf course within walking distance.
- Two organized day trips during the semester.
Students must have completed 60 ECTS / 30 US Credits at a university (undergraduate) to be eligible to participate in the courses. Applications must reach us by:
- 15 October for spring term.
- 15 May for autumn term.
Applicants have to be at least 18 years old and must have an educational background equivalent to one year at a university before the beginning of the program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 14, 2018