Course -Postgraduate Certificate in Art Therapy
The Postgraduate Certificate Art Therapy Programme provides the individual with an ability to understand how to apply visual art within a psychological process. It enables the individual to integrate it as a therapeutic modality within such a setting. It will allow the participant to obtain theoretical knowledge and clinical skills to practice art therapy with clients with diverse physical and psychological issues under the direct supervision of a registered or licensed Art Therapist.
The programme is conducted online and consists of five consecutive five (5) week modules and an internship process. It is geared towards EMCVPA graduates, art teachers, Special Education Teachers, early childhood educators, nurses, social workers, psychologists, speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists and physical therapists who wish to integrate the use of art into their mental health practice.
APPLY FOR POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN ART THERAPY
To apply for the Postgraduate Certificate in Art Therapy applicants must complete the following steps:
- Application Form: Complete application form available online at www.emc.edu.jm or from Continuing Education Department on campus.
- Personal Statement: Complete a typed statement of 500 words describing your interest in the Art Therapy certificate program and your interest in being trained as an assistant in this profession.
- Official Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from all tertiary level institutions attended.
- Letters of Reference: Submit three (3) letters of reference from individuals who have previous knowledge of the applicant and who can offer character, academic or professional references.
- Resume: Applicants must submit the most current version of their resume.
- Departmental Interview: Appear for an interview by an Art Therapy Lecturer.
- Portfolio: Submit a portfolio of 20 slides that demonstrates a range of media competencies and an area of artistic specialization.
- Medical Form
- Release Form: A signed release for taping, recordings and images.
- Submit Application to: School of Visual Arts, Edna Manley College of the Visual & Performing Arts, 1 Arthur Wint Drive, Kingston 5, Jamaica, West Indies
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 21, 2017