What is it?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s proven English test. Over 1.4 million candidates take the test each year to start their journeys into international education and employment.
Foundation Level: Students wishing to take this course must be of the Intermediate level (CEF B1 – a score of 33-39 on a placement test).
Higher Level: Students wishing to take this course must be of Upper-Intermediate level (CEF B2 – a score of 40-45 on a placement test).
Who is it for?
The IELTS course at MCSE prepares students who wish to study at university for the following courses:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
The course is also suitable for people who want to emigrate to an English-speaking country or work or do work-related training in an English-speaking country.
Aim of the course
The IELTS preparation course at MCSE aims to allow students to:
- Learn and use exam strategies and techniques to help students achieve their best score.
- Take practice exam papers to allow students to experience an IELTS test under exam conditions and become familiar with the format of the exam.
- Practise and develop their overall skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking – the importance of reading skills, writing skills and analytical thinking are emphasised as these skills are not the only key to success in the IELTS test, but are also important for students who want to continue their studies at university in the UK.
- Receive constructive feedback to increase their chances of success.
Students do not need any specialist subject knowledge for the IELTS exam, but it helps to have some general knowledge about the following topics, plus an interest in news and current affairs:
- History and Society
- Health and Fitness
- Urbanisation and Globalisation
- The Environment
- Business and Law
- Language and Linguistics
- Travel and Tourism
- Media and the Arts
- The Natural World
- Architecture and Engineering
- Science and ICT
- Space and the Planets
Program taught in: