This exam preparation course will prepare you for the IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) test. This is the ideal test if you need to study or work where English is the language of communication. IELTS scores are recognised by universities and colleges, employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies. British universities and other centres of education generally require IELTS level 6.0 or higher as evidence of language ability.
We recommend a minimum course duration of 4 weeks, shorter ones are also possible.
Our IELTS courses focus on the Academic IELTS exam, however, General IELTS participants are also welcome. If you require the General IELTS please make a note on the application form.
About the test
The IELTS examinations are held weekly and can be done at the end of the course at examination centres around the country. Please note, LVC cannot register students for the IELTS exam. You have to do this yourself either by post or registering directly at an exam centre. We will email you a pdf file of the Booking Form with instructions about registration and payment. The exam cannot be taken at LVC London school of English. The course fee does not include the price of the exam. The approximate fee for the exam is £165.
- Learn the strategy to take the exam
- Improve your weaker areas and communicative skills
- Build your confidence in taking the exam
- Build skills to increase your chance to successfully pass the exam
- Time: 2 hours 45 minutes per day
- Duration: 13.75 hours per week
- Skill Level: Pre-Intermediate
- Age Limit: 18+
- Class Size: Max. 16 students