HSK Program's Overview
The HSK, known as “Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi” in Chinese is the standard Chinese Language Proficiency Test for non-native Chinese speakers, such as foreigners and overseas Chinese. The main objective of the HSK is to evaluate the level of standard Mandarin that one has learned. The modern HSK test begins at level 1 all the way till level 6. The Ministry of Education in China has long approved the HSK test, and additionally, it is an internationally recognized qualification of the modern Chinese Language.
For foreigners, an HSK qualification is important in the following ways:
- Once you know your Chinese proficiency level, you can use it to find good employment inside or even outside China.
- You can easily enroll at a Chinese University, even increasing your chance of landing a scholarship to come to China to study.
- Once you speak Chinese, it is very convenient when socializing, networking and creating valuable business contacts with Chinese people.
- Opportunities are wider when you are fluent in more that one language, especially since Chinese’s influence continues to grow globally.
At Go Abroad China, we offer an affordable, highly effective and thorough HSK preparation course which can be taken as a summer language program, or at any other time too. In this course, you will find yourself learning basic Chinese language, oral Chinese, we teach you the best methods that you can utilize to attain the highest marks possible in this test, we introduce mock tests to slowly help you get familiar with this type of exam. The content that you will study focuses on listening, reading comprehension and paraphrasing, grammar, writing; all these aspects are important and form part of the HSK test.
The GAC designed HSK preparation program requires participants to take classes for 5 days a week for usually four hours a day. The duration of the program ultimately depends on the students, but normally the time frame can be a month, 3 months and 6 months, as an applicant you can decide on your own commencement date, we only require a month of advance notice to prepare everything for you.
Other features of the Go Abroad China HSK preparation course include:
- Classroom style can be one-on-one tutoring or small class format.
- Flexibility with the schedule; students can agree together with the teacher about the exact daily time-schedule.
- We accept absolute beginners, people who’ve had the previous introduction to Chinese etc.
- Study hours are 4-6 hours daily, but students will be expected to put in an additional effort for homework.
- Pre-selected tutors with years of professional experience teaching Chinese as a foreign language.
- Free guided city tours, outings, and other activities.
- Accommodation is sharing an apartment with a Chinese roommate.
HSK Program - Components
The Go Abroad China HSK Preparation Program components are as follows:
Core Language Classes
GAC’s HSK preparation course consists of 4-6 hours of class time per day. The main areas of study are general Chinese, Business Chinese, and besides these, you can also choose to focus on law, business & commerce, current affairs, reading & speaking etc, and top of all that, we focus on teaching you the best methods to use in order to pass the HSK test and obtain your qualification. The Chinese language instructors are often rotated to promote efficient and fast learning, and for students to benefit from different teachers. Students can choose Go Abroad China’s One on One Tutoring Program or Small Group Study Program as a learning format. When you choose to actually learn Chinese in China, you are going to progress faster, plus the change of teaching methods will be a great change for you!
The language exchange integrates our international participants with our local native speakers and encourages communication between the two parties. If you choose to live in a shared apartment with Chinese, this exchange happens more efficiently, marking the beginning of new friendships and getting to know the Chinese local people. Overall, this program encourages culture and social exchanges; it can also be a way to learn to speak the Chinese language for free and figure out how to live the language.
Go Abroad China offers different accommodation options for our program participants in consideration with their preference and budget. Clean and comfortable, all of our housing options are carefully selected and have 24-hour safety guarantee. Our apartments are equipped with all modern amenities and are within walking distance of the metro and bus lines that run all throughout the city. Utilities and Wi-fi are also included in the housing option.
Our accommodation options include: living with a Chinese host family, shared an apartment with a Chinese flatmate, private apartment or a standard three-star hotel. For more information about our housing types, click on Go Abroad China Housing.
Culture Electives, Social Activities, and Guided Tours
Together with our language based, official classes, Go Abroad China additionally offers elective workshops and activities that participants can get involved in. Our aim with these activities is to broaden students’ awareness of Chinese Culture, History, and the Arts. These activities are extensive and cover almost all the areas mentioned above, they include Chinese calligraphy, painting, Martial Arts, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chinese cooking. Our outings are fun and exciting; guided tours are to Beijing’s famous landmarks and city tours; we take our participants to the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, and volunteer opportunities. Exciting options to learn Mandarin Chinese outside of the traditional classroom can also be made available. Please click on Go Abroad China Activities for more details. With regards to the cost of living in China, you will have to finance your own personal spending including meals and other entertainment. However, joining any of our pre-planned weekend activities is free of costs!
Go Abroad China arranges various Business and Networking Events, which students may wish to participate in. This provides a useful platform for our participants to learn how to network in China, meet influential foreign and Chinese business individuals from the business community and impart useful industry knowledge and current trends.
Total Service Pack: Support and Assistance
Go Abroad China has a comprehensive, complete service package that covers everything from the pre-departure procedure in an applicant’s home country, all through to the end of the program in China. We offer full assistance with planning for your selected program, airport pick-up, accommodation, visa support documents, 24-hour hotline support and many other essential services. At GAC, we take care of everything else while you just focus on studying and making the most of your experience in China. For more details, please check the Go Abroad China Total Service Pack.
Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) is the most common standardized national test, which is used to determine the fluency of non-native speakers in Chinese. All Chinese universities accept this test to assess the enrolment of foreign students. Also, this test is required by a number of Chinese companies which are looking for foreign workers.
|Language level||HSK Level||Number of Characters||Language Proficiency|
|Beginner||Level I||150||General understanding and usage of very simple Chinese words and phrases. Ability to conduct basic communication and possession to future Chinese language studies.|
|Beginner||Level II||300||Students gain an excellent grasp of basic Chinese and can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar topics.|
|Intermediate||Level III||600||Communication in Chinese at a basic level in the daily lives as well as ability to build up a conversation on academic and professional topics. Students of this level can manage most communication when they travel in China.|
|Intermediate||Level IV||1200||Students are able to speak freely and confident on this level. They can converse in Chinese on a wide range of topics and have a solid grasp of elementary Chinese grammar and sentence structures.|
|Advanced||Level V||2500||Ability to read Chinese newspapers, magazines. Knowledge of common expression including idioms. Students are able to debate in Chinese using sophisticated grammar structures and vocabulary. Ability to use formal and informal language on a very high level.|
|Advanced||Level VI||Over 5000||Ability to read and understand newspaper articles, periodicals, radio broadcasts, classical Chinese Literature and some philosophical writings. On this level, students can easily comprehend written and spoken information in Chinese and can effectively express themselves in this language, both orally and on paper.|
Dates & Fees
What Is Included in the Program Fee?
- ACCOMMODATION: Go Abroad China offers different housing options for the total time that you will be in China for. Focus on your study or internship and we will do the rest.
- INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT: GAC helps you land your dream internship by placing you in either a Chinese or International Company based here in China.
- CHINESE LANGUAGE CURRICULUM: You will have 5 hours of Chinese lessons per week with a qualified language private tutor.
- VISA DOCUMENTATION: Once enrollment has been finalized, participants are given the necessary visa support documents needed to apply for a visa to enter the People’s Republic of China.
- PRE-DEPARTURE ASSISTANCE: Prior to your arrival in China, GAC will give you professional and reliable assistance to address any concerns or other important things to be aware of before you depart.
- WELCOME PACK: On arrival in China, you will get a local mobile phone with a Chinese SIM card, city map, transportation card and other orientation materials.
- FUN ACTIVITIES: Go Abroad China organizes regular cultural and other types of fun activities that all candidates are welcome to attend.
- TRANSPORTATION: Airport pick-up (9 am to 8 pm Beijing time, or a US $100 will be charged if outside of the timeframe)
- 24/7 STAFF ASSISTANCE: Should you encounter any problems and emergencies during your stay in China, we are always on call to help you.
- CERTIFICATION UPON PROGRAM COMPLETION
- The start and end dates of the specialized program are very flexible; you as the client can decide when you would like to begin. Please notify us one month in advance so we can make all the necessary arrangements for you.
- We require FULL payment one month before your arrival.
- Go Abroad China reserves the right to adjust prices shown above in accordance with any extra requirements that the candidate might have. Late payment may result in additional costs.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 17, 2018