Course: Fashion Merchandising
Fashion constitutes a multi-billion dollar industry and spans out across the four corners of the globe. If you are business-savvy, have a passion for fashion and a creative mind, the Fashion Merchandising Program will take your talent to the next level. From the local to the international arena, fashion merchandisers work for apparel retailers or wholesalers to develop, analyze and implement effective fashion marketing strategies.
Graduates of this program not only buy, sell and promote fashion products but also grasp the fundamentals of the fashion industry, manipulate current computer software applications used in the field and produce professional visual displays.
- Produce professional visual displays of fashion products;
- Develop, analyze and implement effective marketing strategies;
- Forecast styles and trends;
- Evaluate target market needs;
- Buy, sell, promote and distribute fashion products;
- Plan, manage and promote a fashion show;
- Manage an operating budget.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT PROFILE
- Business savvy;
- Great communication skills;
- Passion for hands-on work and the creative process.
To be considered for admission to a program leading to a diploma, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be 19 years of age or High School graduate;
- Working knowledge of the English language;
- Passionate about fashion and trends;
- Have an Interview with an Admissions Representative.
As a graduate, you could find work with organizations that specialize in retail, as a Fashion Stylist Retail Buyer, Visual Merchandiser Fashion Importer, Store Planner, Fashion Marketing Supervisor Fashion Show Coordinator, Wholesale Agent or as a Fashion Promotion Events Coordinator.
BE A STUDENT FOR A DAY
Come spend the day with our students and teachers. This is a unique opportunity to help you make a better choice about your education. It’s free of charge with no future obligations!
One year (three 15-week semesters). 20 hours per week. Total of 900 hours.
- Adobe Creative Suite
On the first day of class, the teacher will provide you with a detailed list of the required materials for the semester and then help find the best deals.
This school offers programs in: