Course: Dance/Steps On Broadway
This program is designed for the English student who has a passion for dance and also wants to experience all that New York City has to offer. Rennert and Steps on Broadway are collaborating to present the perfect mix of language learning and dance training in one of the world’s foremost dance cities.
Founded in 1979, Steps on Broadway offers over 50 classes each day, from beginning to advanced levels. A wide range of styles and techniques are taught by an international, world-class faculty. Students will dance and train alongside veterans from Broadway, the Opera and major dance companies including New York City Ballet, Kirov Ballet, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Martha Graham, and Complexions to name a few.
Rennert students choose either a specialized schedule in one of three focuses: Ballet, Open Street or Hip-Hop, or select from Steps’ ‘open class’ general dance schedule. Students will get their own membership card to Steps on Broadway, which entitles them to all the benefits of the school including discounts on Master Classes, workshops and at neighborhood stores. Upon completion of the program, a special Dance Certificate, as well as a Rennert Certificate will be awarded to the student. Together, Rennert and Steps on Broadway combine expertise to create a very meaningful and rewarding educational program in English language and professional dance training.
- Choose a specialized dance focus in ballet, Open street, or Hip Hop or…
- The flexibility of over 50 classes a day at all levels in ballet, floor barre, jazz, musical theater, modern/contemporary, tap, hip-hop/street, ethnic, gyrokinesis, pilates and yoga
- Discounts on workshops, master classes, educational events, film nights, performances, and preferred vendors
- Steps Dance Certificate upon course completion
Course Key Facts
2 weeks minimum
Lessons per Week
5 dance classes (1-1.5 hours each) and 16 or 20 hours of English
Completion of dance school questionnaire
All English levels
English Start Dates 2014
$112 per week, plus the cost of the English program
F1 visa students
Arts Plus hours are not counted toward total hours studied.
Distance from school
20-30 minutes by subway
What you need to know to book this course:
- No English test is required, all levels accepted
- No previous dance experience necessary
- The Steps on Broadway application is required for enrollment
- Students will be given a Steps on Broadway membership card on their first day, students may take 5 general dance classes a week of their choosing using this card.
About the School
Experience, small classes and the personal touch. Since 1973 Rennert has been teaching languages and boasts the smallest class size in New York with a maximum of 10 students.