Classical Animation focuses on telling a story through movement using traditional animation and Flash. By learning the cornerstones of animation, you develop an understanding of motion, weight, balance, colour, and design, as well as the discipline and intensity required for studio work, as you take your animated short films from concept all the way to completion.
What You Will Learn
From character design to 2D animation to using digital tools, what you will learn in Classical Animation will allow you to create two professional-quality short films.
Animation & Art
To tell a story in animation, you need a full understanding of movement, performance, colour, design, and effects.
Creating and interpreting storyboards is a key part of the creative process.
The characters you design put a face on your story: a vital step in creating compelling animation.
Flash & Digital Tools
Learn Flash while creating a complete short film, as well as digital ink & paint techniques for classically animated films.
- January 5, 2015 Wait-list
- May 4, 2015
- August 31, 2015
- Successful completion of the VFS Foundation Visual Art & Design program.
- A visual art portfolio of your work that includes still-life drawings, life drawings, and character sketches (maximum 12 pieces).
You Graduate With:
- A Diploma in Classical Animation.
- A mastered demo reel of your final project.
- A traditional art and animation portfolio.
- Access to the VFS Alumni Directory and Job Board.
Last updated February 8, 2018