Course: Associate of Applied Science in Healthcare Administration
American National College's Associate of Applied Science program Healthcare Administration is designed to provide solid grounding in a broad spectrum of issues related to the healthcare industry: local, community, and regional healthcare facilities; occupational health and safety issues; social and public policy matters that bear directly upon healthcare industry. Studies will include, among others, courses in biological, technological, legal, administrative and social foundations areas. The program provides the student with a broad understanding of modern healthcare organizations and the workings of allied health facilitates: how they have or have not evolved, strengths and areas for reform.
- Investigate issues pertinent to the current U.S. healthcare system.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of other healthcare systems (via a comparative and contrastive understanding of other systems in other cultures).
- Apply the principles of health administration, education and promotion so as to promote effective operations of healthcare organizations and facilities.
- Analyze delivery of healthcare services, management, and human resources (as these tightly inter-relate and are, in large measure, inter-dependent).
- Identify principles of economics, leadership, marketing, planning, and legal considerations as these impact healthcare as a system and as an organizational structure.
- Apply acquired knowledge in statistical analysis, among others, so that data can be generated and serve the contextual needs of the healthcare process and the organizational systems.
- Develop strong communication skills with due emphasis on the tools of effective writing.
The successful graduate will be prepared to consider a wide-range of para-professional or pre-professional or entry-level positions in the healthcare industry, hospitals and allied health organizations, in industry, in government, in other professional arenas alternatively, to assume enhanced responsibilities within the context of a currently-held (health-care-focused) position. Those who so elect will be academically prepared to pursue graduate studies in Healthcare Administration, Allied Health professions, Public Administration, Social Science and/or in a wide array of related disciplines.
General Education Course
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Principles of Human Communication
- Survey of American History
- Introduction to Political Science
- Introduction to Business
- General Science
- College Algebra
- Introduction to World Politics
- General Sociology
- Organizational Ethics in Healthcare
- Healthcare Law
- Economics of Healthcare
- Introduction to Healthcare Administration
- Introduction to Healthcare Marketing
- Issues in Healthcare Management
- Health Information Systems
- Risk Management in Healthcare
- Intro to Epidemiology
- Occupational Health and Safety
Total Program Credit Hours: 60
About the School
American National College Mission Statement American National College is approved by the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) to issue I-20 visas for international students who wish to study in Ame ... Read More