Course: Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration
American National College's Associate of Applied Science in Business Administration focuses on the principal areas essential to management, providing a solid grounding in corporate operations, the theory and practice of leadership, professional communication, finance, economics, organizational behavior, business law and marketing. Throughout the learning experience, students analyze and apply the tools of effective decision-making and problem-solving, while developing a fundamental understanding of business-related procedures and processes, all of which, in combination, are ultimately essential to adept leadership.
- Apply critical thinking and reasoning skills to identify problems and to develop problem-solving abilities within the business context.
- Develop potential, enabling them to face the future with confidence and determination.
- Prepare for leadership and service within a broad spectrum of business and business-related arenas.
- Acquire the tools specific to business processes and procedures and the capacity to understand the principal theory, significance and practical applications related thereto.
- Develop a solid understanding of the functional components of business - economics, marketing, accounting, finance, law, management, thus enabling the graduate to assume managerial trainee and like positions, in which they will have the occasion to grow and develop further.
- Apply theoretical knowledge to the solution of real-life (field related) problems both individually and through teamwork within the context of a variety of active learning environments.
- Develop strong communication skills with due emphasis on the tools of effective writing.
Graduates in Administration will be suitably prepared to assume management trainee positions in the corporate sector, in industry, in government, in other professional arenas, or alternatively to assume enhanced responsibilities within the context of a currently-held position.
General Education Course
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Principles of Human Communication
- Survey of American History
- Introduction to Political Science
- Introduction to Business
- General Science
- College Algebra
- Introduction to World Politics
- General Sociology
- Business Law
- Finance 3.0
- Management Theory
- Organizational Behavior
- Marketing Theory
- Business Communication
- Business Ethical Issues
- Business Essentials
Total Program Credit Hours: 60
About the School
American National College Mission Statement American National College is approved by the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) to issue I-20 visas for international students who wish to study in Ame ... Read More