- Period: January 2017
- Course load: Full day classes and activities for 2 or 3 weeks (depending the month) – 48 hours in classroom and 27 hours of survival Portuguese (optional)
- Faculty: Ph.D. and MSc. professors from the university, with great academic and professional experience
- Dynamics of the class: theoretical classes, cases discussions, and practical activities
- Students’ profile: Young professionals, investors and foreign students from all over the world
- Additional activities: 10h of Guided visits to enterprises and farms and 5h of Guided visit to the Port of Santos (optional)
- Number of students in class: from 15 to 30
- Investment: US$ 4.200 + enrollment fee US$ 90 – Check scholarship programs
- Payment conditions: up to 6 installments
- Enrollment period: upon request
Objectives of the program
To study Agribusiness as a sequence: before the farm gate (inputs), inside the farm gate (production, the farm itself) and after the farm gate (industry). The aim is having those three macro-themes sequences.
- General overview of the agribusiness in emerging countries, Productivity, Innovation and Technology, Partners and Alliances, Agribusiness Strategy, Food Security;
- Sustainability, Import-Export issues, Commodities, Traditional Agriculture x Organic Farming, Reduction of Gas Emission, Agricultural Management, Agro-energy and Agro-society;
- Food Tendency, Value Generation, Challenges and Opportunities of the Agribusiness, Logistic and Infrastructure, Marketing, Communication and Branding;
- Business Presentations;
- Guided visits to enterprises, farmlands and organizations.*
*Subject to change according to the coordination.
Students will receive a set of articles to read, with six months in advance, allowing the best preparation for classes.
Program taught in:
See 2 more programs offered by International Business School Americas »
This course is