This program allows the student or the student to choose a specialization in the areas of programming or network management. The programming option allows to acquire a solid training in the field of programming and management of databases. In addition to training in other branches of computer science, such as networking and computer hardware aspect, the graduate of this program will be structured programming skills, object-oriented and SQL. She will develop traditional applications as well as applications for the Internet, including advanced Web sites. It will also develop, maintain and query databases. The network management option to acquire a solid formation in the administration of networks and servers. In addition to training in other branches of computer science, such as programming and computer hardware aspect, the person graduated from this program will have strong skills in installation and server management and local networks of all sizes. It will also implement security mechanisms of a network and data appearing there.
Conditions of admission :
Certificate in computer technical support
Recommended course or other:
1 credit of Computer Studies: Grade 11 or 12, pre-university / college.
Required profile :
The candidate or the ideal candidate is a creative and resourceful person who likes to solve problems using structured approaches and is passionate about new technologies; who is ready to accept the challenges of the constantly changing field and new experiences at any time; who can work in teams and with a variety of clients.
- Graduates of Computer Engineering Technician program - Programming Option have the opportunity to enroll directly in steps 5 and 6 of the Computer Engineering Technology program - Option Programming.
- Graduates of Computer Engineering Technician program - Network Administration Option can register directly to steps 5 and 6 of Computer Engineering Technology program - Option Administration networks.
- Some of specialization manuals are available in English only.
work environment (type of employer):
- small, medium and large businesses of all kinds (private, government, educational institutions, financial institutions, hospitals, etc.)
- development and maintenance of computer systems and software of all kinds
- design and database management
- website design and management
- design and installation of computer networks
- technical assistance centers (Helpdesk)
- customer service and sales of computer products
- French FRA1005 ~ I
- INF1035 ~ Application Software
- ~ INF1039 Introduction to Algorithms
- ~ INF1040 Introduction to Networking
- INF1074 ~ operating systems and computers
- MAT1018 ~ Computer Mathematics
- INF1021 ~ Routing Protocols and Concepts
- ~ INF1041 Introduction to Systems Administration
- ~ INF1042 Introduction to Programming
- ~ INF1043 Introduction to databases
- INF1044 ~ Development software
- CHOICE ~ General education choice
- FRA1006 ~ French II
- INF1006 ~ database management system
- INF1018 ~ users to Training
- INF1023 ~ LANs and remote
- INF1045 ~ Server Administration
- INF1046 ~ Mmultimédia of Application Development
- ~ INF1048 Programming and scripting
- ENG1003 English communications ~ I
- GEN1036 ~ Artistic Design
- INF1055 ~ Administration Systems
- INF1069 ~ Database Design
- CHOICE (2 courses to be completed) INF1051 ~ ~ ~ internet programming and INF1053 INF1075 Server Programming OR ~ réseautiques advanced technologies and INF1076 ~ I Safety networks
About the School
Recognized for the quality, accessibility, and flexibility of its training and services, Collège Boréal is the first choice among French-language colleges. Collège Boréal provides a high calibre perso ... Read More