The Advanced Management Program at Columbia Business School helps executives respond to evolving leadership challenges and create a vision to lead their companies to success. The program provides time, space, and resources for senior executives to learn from Ivy League faculty members and practitioners dedicated to developing truly transformative leaders.
- RETURN to your organization with an action plan and tool kit to solve business challenges and organizational problems
- LEARN how to lead authentically, examine leadership talents, and address areas for development through bulletproof methods to build culture and develop high-performing teams
- DRIVE the company’s performance while effectively managing internal and external stakeholders with the help of our strategic decision-making sessions
- BECOME a more effective negotiator and bring innovation to your company
The Advanced Management Program is designed for senior and upper-level executives who seek an even greater level of achievement through the exploration of new ideas, perspectives, theories, and realities. Executives who come to the program have a wealth of knowledge and successes that make up their professional experience. They also have a curiosity about themselves, are willing to view their strongest convictions with humility. Furthermore, they believe in continuous learning and progress to discover what else they can do for their organization and who else they can become in the future.
Typical Participant Mix
Composition of the Program
The program's four-week curriculum is highly integrated and designed to maximize linkages across three key themes.
The Advanced Management Program equips executives to face the rapidly changing environment of today's economy with cutting-edge tools, frameworks, and insights from Columbia Business School's faculty, practitioners, and coaches.
- Return to your organization with an action plan for a business challenge you are currently facing
- Learn how to lead authentically, examine leadership talents, and address areas for development
- Deliver critical leadership messages with the help of our strategic decision-making sessions
- Execute dynamically by learning how to create support around goals
- Become a more effective negotiator
- Overcome adversity and complexity by learning how to be agile and adapt to uncertainty
- Acquire a tool kit to solve organizational problems immediately upon returning to your organization
- Apply bulletproof methods to build culture and develop high-performing teams
- Drive company performance while effectively managing internal and external stakeholders
- Develop strategic thinking to move your company’s strategy forward
- Bring innovation to your organization by developing a growth mindset
- Formulate and address organizational questions by converting data into insights
Upon completion of the program, executives earn the following select Columbia Business School alumni benefits:
- Access to Columbia Business School's Alumni Career Services resources, including access to unique career content, a job board, and online networking
- Invitations to alumni events and programs around the world
- Eligibility to join a Columbia Business School alumni club platform, the alumni directory, and more
- A 25 percent tuition benefit for yourself and up to four colleagues each year, which can be applied to Columbia Business School Executive Education in-person programs lasting up to seven days as well as all online programs
- Global networking opportunities
- A lifetime Columbia Business School forwarding email address
- Subscriptions to the Columbia Business School alumni publication Columbia Business
The curriculum for the Advanced Management Program blends three overarching themes and additional experiential learning practices that encompass the key drivers of effective, visionary leadership. Throughout the program, these themes are fused together to deliver individual and organizational ROI.
- Learning and Leadership
- Managing Stress
- Executive Communication
- Surfacing the Values that Drive You
- The Art of Successful Negotiations
- Operations Strategy
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Exercising Power and Influence
- The Power of Adaptation in Nature
- Implementing your Strategic Plan
- Execution in Action
- The Power of Aligned Teams
- Leadership Jazz
- Power Plays: Leadership Lessons in Shakespeare
- Your Hero’s Journey Through Conflict to Achievement
- Self-Presentation and Others’ Perceptions: Lessons from the Frick Collection
- Music and Management
- Customer Experience Management and Retail Tour
- Stakeholder Management: Building the WTC Memorial
- Facing True West: Your Experiences, Resources, & Opportunities
Scheduling Options—Choose Your Track
Two Scheduling Options
The Advanced Management Program at Columbia Business School is the only one of its kind that offers the convenience of two scheduling options — because we understand that time is a precious commodity. Experience the program in four consecutive weeks or in our unique 2×2 format.
Four Consecutive Weeks
Executives spend the first two and a half weeks at an exclusive off-site conference center, then come to New York City for the remainder of the program.
|Week 1–Week 4||Apr 26–May 22, 2020||New York City|
Experience the Advanced Management Program in two convenient two-week modules with program support in between. Between modules, executives start implementing their learning, receive coaching on their progress, and continue to develop designated personal and business projects.
|Week 1 & Week 2||Apr 26–May 09, 2020||New York City|
|Week 3 & Week 4||Oct 18–30, 2020|
About the School
Eruditus Executive Education’s broad portfolio of customized and open programs delivered in India, Singapore, Dubai and other global locations offer the frameworks needed to face challenges today and ... Read More