An introduction to the wonderful world of coffee!
Passionate about coffee? This one-day coffee course is the perfect starting point whether you want to learn more about coffee purely for pleasure or you’d like to develop professional coffee-making skills.
Learn everything you need to know to make delicious barista-style coffee at home or start working in a cafe.
No experience required, just a passion for coffee and a desire to learn!
The perfect course for coffee lovers
A coffee workshop designed by experts
This practical course has been created by Dr. Andrej Godina and Fabio Milani. Leading figures in the global coffee industry with years of experience between them, they have put all their knowledge and expertise into creating a fun one-day course to teach you the art of coffee-making.
Develop your coffee knowledge
Impress your friends with your coffee knowledge. You’ll learn about each stage of the fascinating coffee production process from farm to cup including brewing methods used to extract the beans, how roasters develop distinct flavors applying different roasting profiles as well as how to brew perfect Italian espresso.
Learn how to make perfect coffee
You’ll quickly become confident in using espresso equipment including the grinder and the machine to produce all the drinks on the espresso-based menu from macchiatos to cappuccinos to barista standards.
In this comprehensive 1-day course, our expert instructors will teach you the essential Italian barista skills and brewing techniques through hands-on training. You’ll learn how to make and serve the perfect espresso, macchiato, cappuccino and more behind your own purpose-built barista station.
Not only will you be able to impress your friends with your amazing coffee-making skills and knowledge, but you’ll also know how to use all the coffee equipment like a pro and start working in a cafe with confidence.
The Specialty Coffee Association
The Speciality Coffee Association (SCA) is a non-profit organization that represents thousands of coffee professionals around the world from producers to baristas. They offer a Coffee Skills Program which consists of six different modules, with points attached at each stage.
This Coffee Course (1 day) provides you with the skills you need to pass the SCA Introduction to Coffee module. If you wish to option the SCA certificate and earn 10 points towards your Coffee Skills Diploma, you can book the exam through EBS. The exam which costs €60 will take place under the supervision of an SCA authorized trainer on a specified date after your EBS course.
Please note that sitting the SCA exam is entirely optional.
If you’d like to develop your coffee skills further and you want a more intensive course, our Barista Course (5 days) is the perfect option for you. You’ll learn all the skills and techniques you need to become a professional barista through 5 days of hands-on training.
Course Content Overview
- An introduction to the history of coffee
- Learn all about the fascinating journey of coffee from its origins in Ethiopia to Yemen and the Arabic-speaking world and modern-day coffee culture in Europe. Learn all about the difference between Arabica and Robusta, gain insight into the main coffee-consuming countries and more.
- Global coffee production
- We’ll examine the most important coffee-producing countries and explore how geographic position influences coffee flavor.
- The roasting process
- Become familiar with the coffee roasting process, learn how to preserve roasted coffee and enjoy a tasting session of light and dark roasted coffee prepared using a French press.
- Brewing methods
- In this practical session, you’ll get to grips with different brewing methods and learn the difference in under and over-extraction, become familiar with the grinding process and coffee dosing for espresso and filter coffee.
- Learn how to use the espresso machine quickly and confidently. Practice preparing espresso-based beverages including macchiatos, cappuccinos, flat whites and more.
- Tasting sessions
Title 6 Body Text: Develop your coffee palate and enhance your appreciation of coffee during fun tasting sessions. Learn the difference between different types of coffee:
- Instant coffee and filter coffee
- Robusta and Arabica coffee
- Specialty coffee prepared using the Chemex and Aeropress coffeemakers
Why Is This Course for You?
- Make perfect barista-style coffee at home
- Add some new skills to your CV
- Pursue your passion and learn all about coffee
- Start working in a cafe immediately after your course
- Earn some extra cash while studying or working
- Get a taste of the coffee industry to see if it’s for you
- Language: English
- 14 April, 20 April, 12 May, 18 May, 16 June, 22 June, 14 July, 20 July, 11 August, 17 August
- Language: French
- 21 April, 27 April, 19 May, 25 May, 23 June, 29 June, 21 July, 27 July
- Language: Spanish, English
- 20 April, 21 April, 18 May, 19 May, 15 June, 16 June, 13 July, 14 July, 10 August, 11 August
- Language: Spanish, English
- 13 April, 14 April, 11 May, 12 May, 08 June, 09 June, 06 July, 07 July, 10 August, 03 August, 04 August
- Language: Italian
- 20 April, 18 May, 22 June, 20 July, 21 September, 19 October, 16 November
Program taught in: