This program is custom-designed for delivery to organizations. The Center also offers an a open-enrollment version of Coaching for Development.
Coaching for Development is a classroom-based, custom-designed program for delivery to organizations, and can be offered to all levels from first-line managers to senior executives. The program effectively builds coaching skills for the organization's leaders, enhances initiatives aimed at managing change, and fosters a climate of organizational learning. The program can teach coaching skills to a general audience, or can be targeted to the organization's internal coaches in the human resources and organization development areas. An important goal of this program is for the organization to become more self-sustaining in developing its leaders internally.
- A combination of classroom instruction, small group interaction, one-to-one feedback, reflection and discussion to teach the essential elements of coaching.
- Action learning through videotaped practice sessions, self-observation, peer feedback and one-to-one staff feedback.
- Presents an organization with a practical coaching framework that is adaptable and easy to use.
- Emphasis on building the coaching relationship, continuing to develop one's coaching skills after the program, and making immediate links to on-the-job applications.
Best Suited for:
- Individuals who benefit from group interaction and are interested in better understanding themselves as coaches and improving their effectiveness in developing others.
- Participants may include leaders who want to improve their coaching skills, and/or internal coaches (such as human resource and organizational development specialists) interested in maximizing their organizational impact.
The program is three days in length and includes one hour of telephone coaching.
Individuals responsible for managing, developing, coaching or leading others.