Our Cinematography Certificate is the ideal course for filmmakers keen to build their knowledge and experience of working in the camera department. By developing an understanding of all of the key roles on set, students will complete the course with an enhanced perspective of the filmmaking process. Accordingly, this course would also benefit aspiring directors and filmmakers who have not yet worked in the camera department.
Guided by experienced camera and lighting professionals, this practical and in-depth course provides training in various aspects of cinematography including lighting, camera operation, focus, field of depth, lens manipulation, DIT, colour correction and grading. All students will have the opportunity to practise the roles of the camera department on a short film in a studio environment using a high-end HD camera. Participants will also be introduced to grading and colour correction in LFA’s bespoke grading suite, ahead of a screening in our state-of-the-art cinema.
Targeted exercises ensure you:
- Establish an understanding of shot choices, visual storytelling and effectively interpreting the script
- Enhance your communication skills, allowing you to draw the best from your crew
- Shoot and grade a short film, working with a full crew and professional actors in an industry standard environment
- Learn professional techniques to improve your performance as a director of photography, looking at colour temperature, hard and soft light, framing, ratios and operation of the Arri Alexa
- Improve your collaborative skills, allowing you to communicate more effectively with fellow crew members
- Practice all roles within the camera department in an on-set environment and earn credits in each role
WHAT TYPE OF STUDENTS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for committed and dedicated students who a proven passion and flair for filmmaking. We want people seeking to make a professional career in the film or television industry. You must be articulate, creating and a team player, and thrive in a practical hands-on environment working collaboratively.
- All applicants must be fluent in English: English Language Level: Upper Intermediate
- Minimum age 18
FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about the Cinematography Certificate: www.londonfilmacademy.com/course/Cinematography-Certificate
Program taught in: