The Chocolaterie Course: 4 weeks of theoretical and practical lessons with the opportunity of a training period at selected chocolate shops or artisan laboratories Minimum number of participants: 12. This course is suitable for those who want to open a chocolate shop and for those who want to become a professional master Chocolatier. The Course includes lessons in window display design, the creation of artistic pieces to showcase, as well as new chocolate decorating techniques. The course includes detailed lessons held by Master Chocolatiers, members of the Academy of Master Chocolatiers, and visits to Chocolate manufacturers. The Course is in Italian language, and teachers are supported by an interpreter in the English language. Minimum number of participants: 12.
The Course has a total duration of 4 months:
- 4 weeks of theoretical and practical lessons at the Institute
- 12 weeks of practical training (optional) at specialized laboratories selected by ICIF.
Those who can enroll are:
- Italian and foreign professionals of food and wine
- Italian and foreign food lovers and enthusiasts
- The cultivation of the Cocoa bean
- Cocoa in the world
- Chocolate, an infinite mystery: the transformation from the seed to Chocolate and from chocolate to chocolates
- Technical aspect of cocoa
- Aromatic profiles of cocoa
- Artisan uses of Chocolate
- Processing of Cocoa
- Ingredients, production, and use of Chocolate
- Professors of Chocolaterie
Professional Internship (optional)
The student can choose whether to continue the program of the course by undergoing a period of internship (the internship is optional) lasting a total of 3 months (12 weeks) at patisseries or chocolate manufacturers previously selected by the Institute and who belong to the Academy of Master Chocolatiers. In companies unable to provide lodgings, it will be at the student’s discretion to choose another company able to offer accommodation. Otherwise, the school can be of assistance to find alternative lodgings, which will be at the student’s expense together with meals.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 2, 2017