Dalian MaritimeUniversity divides every academic year into spring and autumn semesters, with the latter marking the commencement of an academic year. The autumn semester starts in September and ends in January of the following year while the spring semester begins in March and ends in July.
The applicant must be a foreign citizen in good health, aged between 18 and 60, possessing a valid passport, and has graduated from an institution equal to Chinese senior high school.
- Application Form for International Students to Study at Dalian Maritime University
- Photocopy of the personal information page of passport (photocopy of a valid Chinese visa is required to submit if an applicant is in China upon application)
- Certificate of highest diploma or Enrollment Certificate of present study
- Application Deadline: fall recruiting: July 10th; spring recruiting: January 10th
- Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Application materials could be sent to DMU via email or via postal mail.
- Students who are studying in China should also provide a study certificate and transcripts issued by the institution.
Long-term class (with duration of more than half a year) enrolls new students twice annually, which commence in March and September respectively. The Chinese language study includes four phrases: introduction courses, elementary courses, intermediate courses, and advanced courses. Students will attend classes from Monday to Friday which includes 20-22 hours of required courses and 2-4 hours of elective courses every week.
- IEC aims at cultivating students’ practical ability of using Chinese language through various school activities (class size is kept at a maximum of 20 students).
- IEC provides students with various activities involving Chinese language practice and talent shows so as to enhance your reading, speaking, listening, and writing ability.
- Chinese language training is combined with preparatory education. IEC has a large number of experienced and highly qualified Chinese language teachers that contributes greatly to the high teaching quality.
Short-term Class (2-4 weeks) is usually conducted in summer and winter vacations. The specific start date and course contents can be discussed according to the request of applicants. For individual application, the class will be held with the minimum student number of 6. For group application, teaching schedule, contents and activities can be adjusted accordingly.
2015 Summer School
Arrangements of Summer School:
- From Monday to Friday: Chinese Language Courses（in the morning）and various campus cultural experience, Chinese cultural experience, city tours and other activities (in the afternoon).
- Saturday and Sunday: Free time
Cost & Fees
- Application fee is not refundable and should be paid upon application.
- If a student were to withdraw from DMU within two weeks after a semester starts, 75% of the tuition would be refunded. 50% of the tuition would be refunded if a student were to withdraw from DMU within three weeks after a semester starts. Tuition would be neither refundable nor transferable if a student withdraws from DMU after three weeks from the opening of a semester.