In summer 2020, XJTLU IS offering an online video series to give students a taste of what it is like to study Chinese with us.
Three videos have been provided by our excellent teachers to not only give you a chance to learn some Chinese but also experience our university environment, and explore some parts of Suzhou. The levels of our teaching videos include elementary, intermediate and advanced. Each video lasts 10-15 minutes. Most importantly, they are all free!
This video series is for you if you:
- Want to have a taste of our Chinese courses to see if you want to start learning the language
- Are interested in joining our summer school later, and want to see what it looks like
- Have already studied some Chinese and want to learn something new
Follow XJTLU Chinese Language Teaching Wechat account: XJTLU_Chinese
Teaching Materials and Style
All the video scripts/learning materials have been created or adapted by our wonderful teachers. These videos can guide you to some famous places in our university, so you can explore your future learning/living environment. The videos start with a dialogue, which can prepare you for real-life situations.
Why This Summer School
Learn about China’s economy and business environment and gain an understanding of the role history, culture and tradition plays in the country’s continuing development:
- Learn from leading experts in the Chinese economy, society, history and culture at an AACSB and EQUIS accredited international business school
- Study at XJTLU’s modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities in the heart of Suzhou’s business, tech and industry hub
- Understand how Fortune 500 companies operate in China through guided industry site visits
- Build your international network and make new friends
Knowledge and Skills
- Our award-winning, highly experienced teachers promote communication in classes, putting students at the front and centre of the lessons;
- Small class sizes classes encourage lots of student talk and practice and you will be engaged and active in every single lesson;
- Teachers will pay attention to your individual requirements to ensure you're building the skills you need;
- You will learn through doing, with lessons giving you language knowledge and skills that can be used immediately outside the classroom.
|Week 1||Week 2|
|Day of the week||Activity||Day of the week||Activity|
Please notice that you will not finish the whole textbook due to the limit of the study time. And the learning content may differ according to your arrival date.
RMB 7,000 per student
Included in the price:
- 10-19 students: one free group leader
- 20-29 students: two free groups leaders
- Transfer to and from Shanghai Pudong airport
- Chinese classes and teaching materials
- 13 nights' accommodation
- Cultural trips
- Cultural activities
- Three evening group meals
- Two group lunches
You are responsible for spending money, other meals, optional social activities and return flights to Shanghai Pudong.
How To Apply
To apply and for further information and enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the School
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is an international joint venture university founded by Xi’an Jiaotong University in China and the University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom in 2006. ... Read More