This 2-year program is to train educators and early childhood educators who work with children in a variety of early learning contexts. The student or the student acquires the knowledge and skills necessary to work with families and other professionals to support learning and promote the development of children. The focus is on the development of an inclusive curriculum for children from birth to 12 years.
Conditions of admission :
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent from another province, or the candidate status or adult candidate
- 2 French credits (at least 1 mandatory group course): grade 11 or 12, or college preparation course
- University Preparation
Other requirements (To be admitted to the internship from the 1st stage):
- standard first aid certificate issued by a recognized organization *
- First aid certificate in cardiopulmonary resuscitation - Level C *
- medical record (required by the Ministry of Education and the Public Health Bureau)
- Current immunizations (including a Mantoux test 2 steps and a medical examination)
- a criminal record including verification of the ability to work with vulnerable people
- Courses in first aid and CPR are offered several times throughout the college by the department of Continuing Education Collège Boréal.
Required profile :
Educators and early childhood educators need to be skilled with children, have a genuine interest in the development and learning of children, be a team player and have good organizational skills. Ideally, it is dynamic, enthusiastic, patient, honest and with a good sense of humor.
Graduates of this program may, under certain conditions, to continue their studies at university level and receive transfer credits for their college education.
- Note that teachers can be on site or teach from another campus.
- It is noteworthy that must meet the training requirements to successfully complete the program.
- It is possible that the student or the student has to communicate in French and English during the courses. Although the College promotes the use of learning tools in French, some educational tools are available only in English.
work environment (type of employer):
- Best Start
- School boards (mother and full-time garden - ELP programs)
- home childcare agencies
- early childhood centers in Ontario
- intervention programs in early childhood
- recreation programs
- rooms of hospitals games
- cultural activities
- resource centers for parents and children
- ESE1002 ~ Children's Services in Technology
- ESE1003 ~ The family and social environment of the child
- ESE1004 ~ Safety, health and nutrition in SEE
- ESE1005 ~ Child Development I
- ESE1006 ~ Pedagogy oriented game
- ESE1022 ~ Learning Environments in Ontario
- French FRA1005 ~ I
- ~ PSY1002 Introduction to Psychology
- ENG1003 English communications ~ I
- ESE1007 ~ Tools and ESE in observation techniques
- ESE1008 ~ Educational Curriculum
- ESE1009 ~ Child Development II
- SOC1010 ~ Interpersonal Communication
- STG1116 ~ Stage I - Orientation and Initiation in SEE
- CHOICE ~ General education choice
- ESE1012 ~ Psychomotor development of the child
- ESE1013 ~ fighting methods
- ESE1017 ~ Seminar synthesis
- ~ ESE1023 game Experiments I
- STG1105 ~ Course II - Experimentation in SEE
- ESE1014 ~ Child Abuse
- ESE1015 ~ Managing Children's Services
- ESE1016 ~ Introduction of children with special needs
- ESE1024 game ~ II Experiences
- ESE1025 ~ Professional growth and pre-placement
- STG1106 ~ Internship III - Integration in SEE