FERRIÈRES SCHOOL LAUNCHES A NEW PROGRAM: A CERTIFIED TRAINING PROGRAM IN BOULANGERIE!
DO YOU WANT TO BECOME AN ARTISAN BAKER, OPEN A BAKERY IN FRANCE OR ABROAD, OR BECOME A BAKERY CHEF IN A PRESTIGIOUS COMPANY, BY TAKING AN INTENSIVE TRAINING PROGRAM? FERRIÈRES SCHOOL’S CERTIFIED TRAINING PROGRAM IN BREAD MAKING IS PERFECT FOR YOU!
Aimed at students, and professionals who are retraining, this full-time training program takes place over 6 months and includes a 2-month internship in the Ferrières Ecosystem, which is made up of 4 restaurants, a hotel, a catering department and reception rooms.
Practical classes, theory lessons on raw materials, and applied sciences, will equip our students with all the techniques and expertise they need to become true boulangerie professionals upon completion of the program!
The first boulangerie class at Ferrières School will begin in September 2018, apply now!
The program is made up of training days which take place both in the pedagogical lab and on the APP (Accelerated Professionalization Program). The APP and the in-house internship must be validated before being awarded the final certificate. Upon completion of the program, students can decide to take an internship in an external company which has been approved by Ferrières.
LENGTH OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM
School year commences: 24 September 2018
- 6 months full-time, totaling 900 training hours, including:
- Theory classes
- Practical work
- Educational visits
- 2-month Internship in a Company (within the Ferrières Ecosystem)
- Possibility to add-on a “VIENNOISERIES” module: 2 weeks of extra training
The curriculum will be validated after completion of the 2-month internship.
Training program taught in French and consecutively translated into English.
- The boulangerie world and its history
- Product names and vocabulary in boulangerie
- The “wheat, flour, bread” industry
- The origin of flour: wheat
- The composition and quality of flour
- Classifying, correctly measuring, and testing flour
- Eggs and fresh products of animal or vegetable origin
- Water, salt and sugar
- Frozen products, vacuum packed, or tinned
- Fresh yeast/natural leaven
- Corrective agents
PRACTICAL WORK IN BREAD MAKING
- The different stages of bread making
- Professional material and equipment
- Using different types of leaven
- Kneading techniques (manual and mechanical)
- Introduction to artistic decorative elements
- Working with puff pastry and fermented dough
- Making traditional French baguettes and specialty bread
- Making brioches and related products
- Food constituents
- Applied microbiology
- Food preservation
- Hygiene measures (HACCP)
- Prevention of occupational hazards
- Layout and fittings of premises
- Stock control
- Safety on the premises (Environmental Health Protection)
- Sales and marketing techniques for products