Develop your skills to build, value and implement an ethics and compliance program in your institutions. Also, obtain the international certification for studying the program granted by Legal, Ethics and Compliance (LEC).
Benefits of the program:
- You will develop and implement strategies to detect fraud within the company.
- You will be able to manage the formulation of criteria that support ethical behavior in complex situations.
- You will recognize the national and international legal framework that sanctions and prosecutes acts of corruption committed by companies, executives and public servants.
Ethics and compliance officers; business owners; financial, legal, internal or external audit directors and operations or sustainable development processes, with 3 years of work experience.
Content of the program
The Certification in Ethics and International Corporate Compliance consists of six modules , which total 96 hours of study in total.
Module 1. Introduction to Corporate Ethics and Compliance (16 hours)
Objective: To recognize the role and importance of ethics in making high-level decisions within the company, linked to compliance and social responsibility and grant attendees an overview of the diploma.
- Need for ethics in organizations
- Ethical dilemmas and models in decision making
- Ethics and social responsibility
- Ethical tools that make organizations an internal integrity program
- Application of case studies and examples
Module 2. National Anticorruption Legal Framework (16 hours)
Objective: Identify and recognize the national legal framework aimed at sanctioning acts of corruption in companies and the public sector, analyzing the scope of each regulatory body and examining the application and effects of each of these standards.
- General Law of the National Anti-Corruption System
- General law of administrative responsibilities (integrity policy)
- Organic Law of the Fiscal Court of Administrative Justice
- Organic Law of the Federal Public Administration
- Law on auditing and accountability
- Federal Penal Code Provisions
- Law of the Attorney General of the Republic
- Other related laws: Federal law for the prevention and identification of operations with resources of illicit origin (anti-washing law)
- Provisions of the law of public works and related services
Module 3. International Anti-Corruption Legal Framework (16 hours)
Objective: Identify and recognize the international legal framework aimed at sanctioning acts of corruption in companies and the public sector.
- International Anti-Corruption Legal Framework
- International deals
- United Nations Convention against Corruption
- Inter-American Convention against Corruption of the Organization of American States
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act United States of America: FCPA
- Law against bribery in the United Kingdom: UKBA
Module 4. Fraud, Bribery and Corruption Prevention and Detection (16 hours)
Objective: Provide tools to design a fraud prevention and detection program with the objective of mitigating and quantifying these risks.
- Definition of fraud, bribery and corruption
- Introduction and application of forensic accounting
- Differences between forensic auditors and financial auditors
- Elements and design of a program for detection and prevention of fraud
- Corporate research techniques
- Collaboration between lawyers and forensic auditors
Module 5. Preparation of a Corporate Compliance Program (16 hours)
Objective: Develop and implement a corporate compliance program within the company, aligned with the strategic plan of the organization to comply with the national and international regulatory framework.
- Detection of the need to implement a corporate compliance program within the company
- The policy of the United States Department of Justice and the Securities Commission in cases of violations of the FCPA
- 7 steps to implement a corporate compliance program
Module 6. International Certification Program: Essentials of Ethics and Compliance (16 hours)
Objective: To recognize and apply the concepts learned during the 5 modules of the diploma to the LEC program on best practices and development of its affiliates to obtain the international certification of LEC.
- LEC Ethics and Compliance
- What are the sectoral issues that make up EC?
- Guide to best practices of the OECD, Brazil, Federal Sentencing Guidelines and other governmental and civil organs of Latin America
- Case studies
- Dilemmas presented by a Senior Compliance Officer
- Exam for obtaining the LEC certification
About the School
El Tecnológico de Monterrey es una institución de carácter privado, sin fines de lucro, independiente y ajena a partidos políticos y religiosos. Fue fundado en 1943 gracias a la visión del empresario ... Read More