Develop your skills to build, value and implement an ethics and compliance program in your institutions. Also, obtain the international certification for studying the program granted by Legal, Ethics and Compliance (LEC).
Benefits of the program
- You will develop and put into practice strategies to detect fraud within the company.
- You will be able to manage the formulation of criteria that support an ethical behavior in complex situations.
- You will recognize the national and international legal framework that punishes and prosecutes acts of corruption committed by companies, executives and public servants.
Ethics and compliance officers; business owners; financial, legal, internal or external audit directors and operations or sustainable development processes.
Content of the program
The Certification in Ethics and International Corporate Compliance consists of six modules, totaling 96 hours of study.
Module 1. Introduction to Ethics and Corporate Compliance (16 hours)
- Need for ethics in organizations.
- Business ethics.
- Compliance and business ethics.
- Ethics, compliance and social responsibility.
- Examples of real cases of the consequences of the lack of corporate compliance. (special guests).
Module 2. National Anticorruption Legal Framework (16 hours)
- Amendments to the laws on anti-corruption from 2012 to 2014.
- Federal Anticorruption Law on Public Procurement.
- Law of Administrative Responsibilities of Public Servants.
- Provisions of the Law of Acquisitions, Leases and Services of the Public Sector.
- Provisions of the Public Works Law and Related Services.
- Provisions of the Federal Criminal Code.
- Federal Law for the prevention and identification of operations with resources of illegal origin (Anti-laundering Law).
Module 3. International Anticorruption Legal Framework (16 hours)
- International legal framework against corruption.
- International deals.
- United Nations Convention against corruption.
- Inter-American Convention against corruption of the Organization of American States.
- Law of corrupt practices abroad. United States of America. (FCPA, for its acronym in English).
- Law against bribery in the United Kingdom. (UKBA for its acronym in English).
Module 4. Fraud Prevention and Detection (16 hours)
- Definition of fraud.
- Introduction and application of forensic accounting.
- Differences between forensic auditors and financial auditors.
- Elements and design of a program for detection and prevention of fraud.
- Corporate research techniques.
- Collaboration between lawyers and forensic auditors.
Module 5. Preparation of a Corporate Compliance Program (16 hours)
- Detection of the need to implement a corporate compliance program within the company.
- The policy of the United States Department of Justice and the securities commission in cases of violations of the FCPA.
- Seven steps for the implementation of a corporate compliance program.
Module 6. International Certification Program: Essentials of Ethics and Compliance (16 hours)
- Ethics and compliance of LEC.
- What are the sectoral issues that make up EC?
- Guide to best practices of the OECD, Brazil, Federal Sentencing Guidelines and other governmental and civil bodies of Latin America.
- Practical case studies.
- Dilemmas presented by a Senior Compliance Officer and team.
- Exam to obtain the LEC certification.