Gateway to Worldwide Opportunities Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages
Westcliff University’s TESOL Certificate program is tailored specifically for working adults. You can choose between campus and online program. During the 8-week program, you will be able to interact with various professors and learn different teaching methodologies.
The College of Education has adopted an internationally recognized program in English instruction pedagogy. It is recognized for its innovative methodology of English pedagogy with proven success at English instructional schools around the world.
The College of Education programs provide instruction to speakers of foreign languages to learn English fundamentals. Instruction will prepare students to learn English so that they may apply it in Business or Education.
TESOL Program Objectives
- Identify principles of language pedagogy and the process of language acquisition and apply these principles effectively in various classroom situations.
- Employ knowledge of the English language system to assist English Language Learners (ELLs) in reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Demonstrate competency in using technology effectively and in creating lesson plans and other learning material for classroom activities.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills while respecting cultural differences and valuing diversity.
- Illustrate flexibility and adaptability in planning and delivering lessons according to the needs and interests of ELLs.
The Certificate program, whether taught via online or hybrid platform, covers instruction in the following areas:
- Foundations of TESOL
- Second Language Acquisition
- Teaching Speaking and Pronunciation
- Teaching Vocabulary
- Teaching Grammar
- Teaching Reading
- Teaching Listening
- Teaching Writing
Westcliff University Will Help You
- Apply theory to real life through presentation of lesson plans
- Advance your leadership and teaching potential
- Enhance your classroom skills to maximize student learning
- Be creative and innovative in your teaching strategies
- Learn through the vast experiences of our esteemed faculty
Imagine Where a TESOL Certifcate Can Take You
Possible career opportunities include:
- English Language Teachers (ESL/EFL)
- ESL Program Coordinator
- Language Consultants for an ESL/EFL environment
- Interview with an Admissions Representative
- Personal statement of professional goals
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Official transcripts from previous institutions
This school offers programs in: