The Business Leadership program is designed to increase the ability to succeed in a highly competitive work environment. It will add to and/or enhance leadership skills.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and appropriately in writing and orally.
- Identify the fundamentals of legal systems, and social, ethical, and political forces affecting the development and operation of businesses.
- Students who complete the certificate or degree in the Business Leadership program will have learned how to assess human communication styles; plan and apply motivational strategies; solve human relations issues.
Restricted Electives: Specify total 3 Units
- BUS 1 INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS 3 Units
- BUS 13 LEGAL ENVIRONMENT AND BUSINESS LAW 3 Units
- BUS 102 ORAL BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS 3 Units
- BUS 103 BUSINESS ENGLISH 3 Units
- ENG 1A PRINCIPLES OF COMPOSITION I 4 Units *
- ENG 1AH HONORS PRINCIPLES OF COMPOSITION I 4 Units *
- BUS 104 BUSINESS COMMUNICATION 3 Units *
- BUS 120 BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 3 Units
Total Units for the Certificate:
- BUS 125 HUMAN RELATIONS IN BUSINESS 3 Units
- BUS 223 HUMAN RESOURCES AND EMPLOYMENT LAW 3 Units
- BUS 111 BUSINESS SUSTAINABILITY STRATEGIES, PEOPLE - PLANET - PROFIT 3 Units
*Course has a prerequisite, corequisite, limitation, or recommended preparation; see course description.
See 18 more programs offered by Saddleback College »
This course is