This interdisciplinary program focuses on spatial statistical analysis, modeling, and visualization and is complementary to broader data science applications. Courses are offered in the evenings, on the weekend, and online, making the program accessible to working professionals.
The certificate can be completed in 3 to 4 semesters and courses are offered in a flexible format, including in the evenings, weekends, and online.
As a student in the program, you’ll also have access to Tufts’ Data Labs, full-service computing labs dedicated to geospatial technology, statistics, and data science which serve as a hub for GIS activities at Tufts and are designed to foster collaboration and innovation.
Who Should Apply?
The Spatial Data Analytics Certificate engages students who wish to focus on the data science applications of Geographic Information Science tools and technology, including spatial statistical analysis, modeling, and visualization. You’ll learn advanced coding and statistical methods as you prepare for a career in this rapidly expanding field.
The certificate requires twelve credits. Most courses are three credits.
Prerequisites: Intro to Statistics
Three required courses (9 credits):
- Introduction to GIS or approved intro GIS Course equivalent
- Advanced Spatial Modeling
- Spatial Programming with Python
One elective from the following (3 credits):
- Intro to Remote Sensing
- Spatial Statistics
- Interactive Web Mapping
- Data Analytics/Data Science elective courses
- Approved advanced statistical or quantitative methods course
- Thesis or capstone with core spatial methods pending approval of GIS program coordinator
- Other courses may be approved by the coordinator if they have a core spatial or data science component
- Application Fee
- Personal Statement
- Official TOEFL or IELTS, if applicable
- One Letter of Recommendation
About the School
Graduate programs at Tufts University's Graduate School of Arts combine the atmosphere of a liberal arts college with the state-of-the-art technological resources of a research institution. World-clas ... Read More