Project Management InstituteThe Applied Project Management Certificate Program covers A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), which serves as the fundamental knowledge base for project management.
Upon completion, you will satisfy the education requirements to sit for the Project Management Professional® Exam. Recognized domestically and internationally, the PMP® certification sets the standard for excellence in project management.
Who Should Attend
Individuals in any discipline who work on projects in either the public or private sector will benefit from coursework, as well as those with 3-5 years work experience who are preparing to pursue career opportunities in the area of project management.
Occupational summary for managers in California.
- Jobs: 47,847 (2016)
- Projected Growth: 8.40% (2017-2027)
- Annual Salary: $94k-$161k (25th-75th Percentile)
- Apply fundamental project management principles, theories, and practices, including the basic concepts described in the Project Management Institute's newest release of the PMBOK® Guide
- Practice using the most effective project management tools and techniques to launch, plan, and execute a project
- Identify characteristics of high-performance teams and ways to manage stakeholder expectations
- Develop documentation on simulated projects to gain a deeper understanding of Project Management principles and practices
- Satisfy the education requirements to sit for the PMP® exam
- Earn continuing education credits for professional certifications (PMI® REP number 1043)
Scheduling & Course Formats
Each course format provides you with the same comprehensive, in-depth level of study and instructional excellence. To personalize your experience and manage the time it takes to earn your certificate, we encourage you to mix and match course formats according to preference.
In this 6-week, on-campus format, meetings are scheduled on a recurring weeknight basis and students complete coursework from home and online.
Students gain access to and begin studying course material online 2 weeks in advance of consecutive, on-campus, full-day classes scheduled on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
This course is delivered entirely online over 6 weeks and although students must meet weekly coursework deadlines, the material may be accessed and completed any time of day.
Courses must be taken in the order listed.
- Project Launch (3 units)
- Project Planning (3 units)
- Project Execution (3 units)
- Project Practicum with Multiple Projects (3 units)
- PMP® Exam Preparation (3.5 units)
- Agile for Any Project (3 units)
- Managing Quality in the Project Environment (2.5 units)
- Global Aspects of Team Leadership (3 units)
About the School
In the U.S. News & World Report annual college survey, UC Irvine is ranked among the top 50 universities nationally, and ranks tenth among all public universities.